Thread: TIKKA T3 and PPU ammo HELP

TIKKA T3 and PPU ammo HELP

Hi
    just took delivery of my new Tikka T3 Lite .308 and some PPU 150gr soft point ammo. I cannot chamber a round with this ammo. The bolt just will not close.
    I have checked the chamber and it is clear.
    Anybody have this problem before and if so how did you overcome it.
    thanks
    norm
    Problem now solved. Just needed a bit more coercion.
    Last edited by Flyer4u0; 19-06-2014 at 11:29.

I don't think Tikka's like ppu. I had the same prob in my 590 in .308,bolt would close but not easy at all, fired a few rounds'same every one. Same with my T3 in .223.
    Solution..buy Federal power shock 150 grain,the 590 loves them. Same for .223 in 55 grain.
    You may be able to swap ammo with someone if you bought a lot,ppu seems well liked by some people/rifles.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

I had the same problem with the ppu 150 when i 1st got my 308 t3 lite if you cant get any to fit take them back iam sure they will swap them over if you let them no the problem ,if i remember right the blot was really stiff but it got better .

My tikka 223 likes them get in touch with Henry kranks in Leeds they import ppu for everyone

I think he is aware what shop sells them as he is having problems chambering them

Have solved the problem. It takes a little more force than I thought it should. Hopefully after firing them They will resize and then I can reload them. I have heard PPU brass is good for reloading that's why I bought them.
    thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by berg View Post
    I had the same problem with the ppu 150 when i 1st got my 308 t3 lite if you cant get any to fit take them back iam sure they will swap them over if you let them no the problem ,if i remember right the blot was really stiff but it got better .
    At least it wasn't his blot