Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cleggs

cleggs

Loads of the damn things about just now.
    We don't usually see a lot of them until august/September.
    Is it just cleggs or is everything early this year? Fields of rape here look almost ready to reap.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

I agree they do seem a bit early, cleggs, ticks, midges and birch flies are terrible this year. I've never built a pheasant pen as quick as I have this year!!

stacey

I am allergic to the horrible things, them cleggs always put me in hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by 6pointer View Post
    are these the one's that won't leave you alone and follow you around ,or is that just me

I ******* despise horseflies

but they love me
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by berg View Post
    are these the one's that won't leave you alone and follow you around ,or is that just me
    That's the persistent little s0ds.
    I've an arm like John merricks at the moment from being bitten by one a couple of evenings gone
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

av u lads never roughed it ,itsie bitsie bugs and flys if it wasnt for all them critters we would be dead, anyway when global warming kicks in we will be eating them things,now weres my toothpick,
    DONT START

Normally get bitten to death by them, working in the hills in Scotland this week all I could find was some of the mrs Tesco insect repellant (50%Deet) before I left, have been surrounded by the buggers all week and never been bitten once!!!

You mustn't swat them lads. Brush them gently off and whilst they mark you it's not as bad. I was the talk of Jura one year - " oh, you're the man with the arm" said the doc when I eventually sought help. He advised me to keep going with the anti histamines. Slept 16 hours solid and always remember it as the best sleep of my life - and that was 1984!!!!! I do bloody hate them though.