Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reloading Supplies - Central Scotland

Reloading Supplies - Central Scotland

Which gun dealers in a reasonable radius of Edinburgh hold a good range of powder and bullets. So far have used Reloading Solutions down south, but only passing them a few times per year. The other is Macleods, but they are 200 miles in the other direction.

Tom and Jim at ayrshire shooting ground have always got a good selection of powders etc and they are open late nights and weekends and you can also make a day of it and shoot some clays while your there.

You could try Tackle and Guns in Pollockshaws Road Glasgow or Glasgow Fieldsports at the barrowland Glasgow

Try Bushwear in Stirling. http://www.bushwear.co.uk/index.php

suggest you telephone them first to check if they stock what you are looking for

You could contact Alex Dalgleish in Eaglesham, I'm not 100% sure he does reloading stuff though but may be worth a call and advice on other suppliers

As previously mentioned, Continental / Ayrshire Shooting are always helpful and tend to carry decent stock.

Quote Originally Posted by countrysports5

suggest you telephone them first to check if they stock what you are looking for
    sorry to go off topic here but do Bushwear have a "walk in" shop or are they purely online retailers?

Rb

There is one in Fife just off the circular that goes round Glenrothes, but I cant remember the name.

Fife something

Established Poster
    North Lanarkshire, the land that Summer forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigboot
    You could contact Alex Dalgleish in Eaglesham, I'm not 100% sure he does reloading stuff though but may be worth a call and advice on other suppliers

As previously mentioned, Continental / Ayrshire Shooting are always helpful and tend to carry decent stock.

Quote Originally Posted by countrysports5

sorry to go off topic here but do Bushwear have a "walk in" shop or are they purely online retailers?

Rb
    Yep in Stirling same industrial estate as the VW and Audi dealerships.

7 Glen Tye Road, Stirling, FK7 7LH, Scotland

Oh and Cluny Clays advertise reloading gear.

The one in Fife is called Fife Fieldsports, there is also Tony Green in Whitburn west lothian. pm me i'll give phone numbers for both.

Cheers,

Moe..

was on gun trader there is another boy called pro shooting not to bad a web site carries a lot of gear i think he is south of glasgow
    also as said jim and tom at continental shooting

Quote Originally Posted by deerhunter270
    You could try Tackle and Guns in Pollockshaws Road Glasgow or Glasgow Fieldsports at the barrowland Glasgow
    No criticism intended towards you, deerhunter, but Fieldsports in Glasgow is the last place i'd send anyone. There's one guy, the manager who has a bit of a clue and the rest are absolute numpties.

I stood at the counter quite recently and watched them sell expanding bullets to someone who didn't have them on his ticket. The guys responce was,"It's ok, they're just hunting bullets."

I originally went in for some Hornady A-Max bullets and was quite annoyed when told that they didn't have any in 30cal as i'd phoned before making the journey to confirm. Anyway, i was passed a box of V-Max bullets with the explanation that they were basically the same.

There are quite a few dealers i'd recommend before i'd think of them. In addition to those mentioned already:

Tackle & Guns , Pollockshaws Road ,Glasgow
    01416-322 005

Going Ballistic , 1 Keir Street , Cowdenbeath ,Fife
    07762-123 024 Not exactly central but worth the effort.

Neil Sutherland ,Corsehouse Farm , Old Glasgow Road , Stewarton
    Ayrshire , 01560-484 799 I'd particularly recommend this guy.