Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howa 1500 short action / shot out rifle

Howa 1500 short action / shot out rifle

I'm looking to build a 6mmBR repeater on a new or shot out Howa 1500 short action with 308 family bolt face.
    Stainless preferred and ideally with newer 2 stage trigger, but anything considered.
    I'm also looking for a Bell & Carlson Tactical stock and Howa bottom plastic and 10 shot magazine to suit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guesty View Post
    I'm looking to build a 6mmBR repeater on a new or shot out Howa 1500 short action with 308 family bolt face.
    Stainless preferred and ideally with newer 2 stage trigger, but anything considered.
    I'm also looking for a Bell & Carlson Tactical stock and Howa bottom plastic and 10 shot magazine to suit.
    Matt I told you ,you can't have mine yet, its still got 10,000 rounds left in it
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Quote Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
    Matt I told you ,you can't have mine yet, its still got 10,000 rounds left in it
    If the 6mmBR cartridge will feed from the standard Howa mag from Legacy Sports, then this could be a real winner.
    When are you about for a bit of testing with some dummy rounds?

awkward this weekend, but if you want to meet up after that give me a call
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Quote Originally Posted by Guesty View Post
    Jager sa has a howa .308 for sale on here atm. Thinl
    its stainless.

Thanks, will send him a PM.

Back when I posted this thread I was PMed then phoned by a helpful chap who offered a great deal on a Howa.
    I have lost your contact details so please could you PM again?

Mine is only 450 for a stainless 243 laminated Thumbhole varmint fitted with a rifle basix lightweight trigger and a Contessa chrome picatinny rail if this is any use to you?

It's actually for my buddy, he wants a new 308 24" Varmint pref in stainless, with a tactical style stock such as B&C or GRS, with a detachable mag conversion.
    The chap I was dealing with before was in the trade and offered a super deal, but I've mislaid his details.

Give mike norris a call. Brock and norris. I got a great deal from him.
    Last edited by danban; 23-08-2015 at 06:50.