federal 243

rob shooter

Hi Chaps doing my level 1 next Friday , my rifle is a tika T3 light using federal amo I am new to rifle shooting , the problem is there is no more federal till july. I need to change amo and I need some advice on whitch to change to ,I don't want to fail on the shooting test so your advice would be appreciated cheers rob .

Hi Chaps doing my level 1 next Friday , my rifle is a tika T3 light using federal amo I am new to rifle shooting , the problem is there is no more federal till july. I need to change amo and I need some advice on whitch to change to ,I don't want to fail on the shooting test so your advice would be appreciated cheers rob .
its a realistic deer sized target, you would need to load .223 to miss at 100 yards :p you will get a chance to zero, especially if they do as Jelen do and have a practice session the day before the test. Any .243 hunting ammo should do the job, just try and match the weight of the remmington bullet you have previously zeroed with as close as you can.

Some T3's don't like some of the heavier bullets. Mine was hopeless with Winchester 100gr and a friend has just had a bad experience with PPU on his DSC1. Probably best to stick with 80gr or thereabouts which I think would still be legal for roe where you are.

Or use their rifle? If you're fairly new to it all you don't want to introduce doubt into yourself and you'd kick yourself if you failed by having a few flyers. I used the instructors custom rifle in.223 and it was zeroed dead on at 100m and so nice to shoot.

Back