Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: aolq

aolq

now dont all dive in at once,just a quick one for you ,if you have a deer legal c/f on open ticket but it doesnt state deer on it but states ,VERMIN and AOLQ and ZEROING on any land etc is it possible to shoot deer with the said c/f or does the guy have to have DEER added,thanks doug,
    DONT START

SD Regular
    The condition should be sufficient - as long as the shot is lawful
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

thanks eric just wasnt sure if it had to actually say deer on fac, the larger cals do but the 22cf doesnt
    DONT START

Hi Doug, I have deer specifically mentioned on my .243 but had a chat with my FEO about having AOLQ added to my .223 for any Muntjac that I happen to see when out with it (to save taking two rifles into the field).

No problems at all and they're happy enough that the AOLQ will be sufficient for taking the relevant deer species (with the right weight bullet etc).

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealChuckNorris View Post
    Hi Doug, I have deer specifically mentioned on my .243 but had a chat with my FEO about having AOLQ added to my .223 for any Muntjac that I happen to see when out with it (to save taking two rifles into the field).

No problems at all and they're happy enough that the AOLQ will be sufficient for taking the relevant deer species (with the right weight bullet etc).

Hope that helps.
    thanks for that i just wondered thats all i have spoke to feo before about roe in scotland and munties/cwd but he just brushed round it and said same as you,and eric ie if its legal its legal,thanks again atb doug,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 20-06-2014 at 22:03.
    DONT START

Not so sure it is legal.
    Deer are specifically mentioned in Condition 1 on page 229 of the 2013 Guidance to Police. A bracketed (delete as appropriate) appears after that wording and appears to apply to to all of the wording up to that point.
    If Deer are AOLQ then why mention deer, fox etc in the condition?
    Check with your Firearms Licensing Dept. before making the assumption that deer are AOLQ. Don't accept that because one Police Force says its ok they could be wrong.
    Has it got the expanding ammo. condition for that rifle?

I have deer and AOLQ for my 257, Fox and AOLQ for my 22BR and Fox and AOLQ for my 17 Fireball.
    All deer species can be shot legally with my 257, small deer (CWD and Muntjac) only can be shot with my 22BR.
    I cant shoot any deer with my 17 Fireball because they are covered by legislation specifying calibre and hence are not AOLQ for my Fireball, the same as large deer are not AOLQ for my 22BR.
    However, i can shoot wild goat, boar and any other quarry with both the 22BR and the fireball that is not covered by any legislation if i so choose.

Ian.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitebeard View Post
    I have deer and AOLQ for my 257, Fox and AOLQ for my 22BR and Fox and AOLQ for my 17 Fireball.
    All deer species can be shot legally with my 257, small deer (CWD and Muntjac) only can be shot with my 22BR.
    I cant shoot any deer with my 17 Fireball because they are covered by legislation specifying calibre and hence are not AOLQ for my Fireball, the same as large deer are not AOLQ for my 22BR.
    However, i can shoot wild goat, boar and any other quarry with both the 22BR and the fireball that is not covered by any legislation if i so choose.

Ian.

WILD BOAR = 17 Fireball result = One very pissed off wild boar looking for some PAYBACK make sure your a long way off the Ground Ian

The species listed is the "good reason" to possess and AOLQ covers exactly what it says, anything that is lawful so yes to deer. That's what my FEO said and it's how I understand the law. A friend has his .243 for Fox and AOLQ and shoots deer regularly, when he first applied he didn't have deer permission hence he acquired it for Fox but has checked and was told shooting deer will be fine as long as he sticks to the right bullet etc.

Once again problems come from different FEO s and different departments saying different things and applying wildly different conditions.

Why complicate things by adding species conditions in the first place?... if it's legal it's legal.

If someone's daft enough to shoot a boar with a .22cf that's a welfare issue, not really up to an FEO to decide.
    People always have and always will choose an inadequate calibre for a given species, but inadequate and illegal are not the same thing.
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox