Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tikka T3 lite .243 and PPU

Tikka T3 lite .243 and PPU

Hi all, another question.

Do any of you use 100gr PPU rounds through a Tikka .243? If so does the round agree with the gun? Not into reloading for myself yet so don't want to waste money buying rounds that the gun doesn't even like.

Many thanks
    Rob

hi rob im no expert my t3 223 likes privvi cheap as chips ammo , no doubt it could shoot better if i home loaded everythings within an inch so it will do for me no need to get anal about anything,speaking to other people on tikkas they shoot near enough anything good,doug,
    DONT START

Same here my 223 tikka loves ppu as well

Send a PM to scotlanddeerstalking on here, i know that is what he uses and has very go results.

Andy7mm
    "Amazing things can happen when preparation meet opportunity" Richard Schatz

"The will to win, compares little with the will to prepare to win" Donovan Moran

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka84 View Post
    Hi all, another question.

Do any of you use 100gr PPU rounds through a Tikka .243? If so does the round agree with the gun? Not into reloading for myself yet so don't want to waste money buying rounds that the gun doesn't even like.

Many thanks
    Rob
    To own a T-3 and not reload.
    What a shame. ~Muir

ppu ammo, good stuff and my 243 likes it, yes it can be a little tight to close the bolt, shoots great and nice and cheep.

Quote Originally Posted by scotlanddeerstalking View Post
    ppu ammo, good stuff and my 243 likes it, yes it can be a little tight to close the bolt, shoots great and nice and cheep.
    I see what you mean about the bolt being tight to close. Haven't fired the rounds yet just cycled them through the gun. This tightness isn't being caused by incorrect seating depth is it??? Would hate a build up in pressure and the bolt in my teeth.

I have also encountered the same problem of the tight bolt, I think you'll find
    the it's quite common with PPU ammo. I suspect there are no rifling marks in
    the bullet ogive, in most cases the webbing area will be larger by about.005.
    (Commercial brass has more internal case volume than military grade brass,
    this has to do with wall thickness and webbing.)

PS, Privi partizan ammunition manufactures ammo for military use !

Atb, Buck.
    Last edited by Uncle Buck; 21-06-2014 at 23:49.
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"

Well I've tried the 100gr PPU soft points through the tikka and it doesn't like it, 4" groups at 100yds. Yet 58g Norma's are within an inch. So I take it it's not a dirty barrel. Any suggestions??

Quote Originally Posted by Tikka84 View Post
    Well I've tried the 100gr PPU soft points through the tikka and it doesn't like it, 4" groups at 100yds. Yet 58g Norma's are within an inch. So I take it it's not a dirty barrel. Any suggestions??
    Each and every rifle barrels seems to be a law unto itself in what it likes and dislikes. The only way to find out what yours likes is by trying them .......................................... sorry but there it is.