Thread: fallow looking at trail camera

fallow looking at trail camera

Noticed that every deer looked at the trail camera before going under the fence into the woods.

They even look at it at night even though its black light which the human eye can't see

Last edited by ELMER FUDD; 21-06-2014 at 21:31. Reason: wrong url

Is there not a power on light on them

I've got the cheap one from Aldi where you can see the light but it also makes a quiet click sound when the IR filter switches over, maybe yours is similar?

These are little acorn 5210A trail cameras.

They are enclosed in metal security boxes attached to the trees which have cut-outs for the pir sensors, illumination IRs and camera.

The only light you can see is when you put it onto walk test for setting up. The IR filter will make a slight sound but this video was in the daytime so no illumination would have been required, also the camera is set to take three pictures before video so the IR filter would have already been across. The still pictures showed the deer right in front of the camera looking at it.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0489.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	542.5 KB 
ID:	43599Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0490.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	548.6 KB 
ID:	43600Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0491.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	559.3 KB 
ID:	43601

Geat footage Barry . No idea why they are looking towards the camera , perhaps they are just photogenic and are showing off. I picked up some cheaper Aldi cameras today so looking forward to putting them up

There taking selfies !!!!!!!!!lol

Hi Neil

I think the Aldi cams are similar to the little acorn other than they have 5 mp and mine has 12

There is also a handy security box you can get which can be bolted to a tree and then the camera locked inside making it difficult to steal.

Quote Originally Posted by bobg View Post
    There taking selfies !!!!!!!!!lol

Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    Hi Neil

I think the Aldi cams are similar to the little acorn other than they have 5 mp and mine has 12

There is also a handy security box you can get which can be bolted to a tree and then the camera locked inside making it difficult to steal.

Barry where do you get them from...just what I need