fallow looking at trail camera

ELMER FUDD

Noticed that every deer looked at the trail camera before going under the fence into the woods.

They even look at it at night even though its black light which the human eye can't see

Last edited:
I've got the cheap one from Aldi where you can see the light but it also makes a quiet click sound when the IR filter switches over, maybe yours is similar?

These are little acorn 5210A trail cameras.

They are enclosed in metal security boxes attached to the trees which have cut-outs for the pir sensors, illumination IRs and camera.

The only light you can see is when you put it onto walk test for setting up. The IR filter will make a slight sound but this video was in the daytime so no illumination would have been required, also the camera is set to take three pictures before video so the IR filter would have already been across. The still pictures showed the deer right in front of the camera looking at it.IMAG0489.jpgIMAG0490.jpgIMAG0491.jpg

Geat footage Barry . No idea why they are looking towards the camera , perhaps they are just photogenic and are showing off. I picked up some cheaper Aldi cameras today so looking forward to putting them up

Hi Neil

I think the Aldi cams are similar to the little acorn other than they have 5 mp and mine has 12

There is also a handy security box you can get which can be bolted to a tree and then the camera locked inside making it difficult to steal.

Hi Neil

I think the Aldi cams are similar to the little acorn other than they have 5 mp and mine has 12

There is also a handy security box you can get which can be bolted to a tree and then the camera locked inside making it difficult to steal.

Barry where do you get them from...just what I need

Back