Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrecked my jeep hitting a young bull

Wrecked my jeep hitting a young bull

Anyone know who,s liable if livestock is wandering on the road
    I hit a young bull last night , my jeep will be written off , the farmer seemed to think he wont be liable
    its pretty obvious his fences on the roadside are in poor condition , a local lady that stopped said its only
    a few weeks since a vehicle hit livestock at the same place

You laffin Tony , dont say it Doug , it was wrecked already
    I know
    Last edited by Solwaystalker; 22-06-2014 at 07:18.

Have a read of this Colin and go take pictures asap

Mooooooo
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Bugger hope your ok as for the bull is he in the chiller ,I would think the farmer is liable the ex mrs hit a horse that had escaped and the owner coughed for the repairs even though the horse died .
    good old truck that Isuzu .nissan for you then ?
    Doug

If this is your vehicle I expect there's serious rear end damage?
    Attachment 43605
    Quad sticks

Bull is Broon Breed
    Izuzu will be fixed up if i can , im determined to get 200,000 miles out of it , got 10,000 still to do
    Will cost more than its worth to fix tho

We need pics
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by Solwaystalker View Post
    I hit a young bull last night , my jeep will be written off , the farmer seemed to think he wont be liable
    its pretty obvious his fences on the roadside are in poor condition , a local lady that stopped said its only
    It's proving negligence that will be the problem. I have just had a door mirror replaced as a farmer drove his cattle from one field to another one of the cow's bust the mirror it took two months for the farmer's insurer to admit liability and I had a witness. You will need to take photo's before he repairs his fences and try and locate the other vehicles owner to strenghten your case. Hope this helps good luck.

Kind regards Jimbo

Quote Originally Posted by Solwaystalker View Post
    You must have been travelling at some speed to write off your vehicle but, in answer to your question, there are many considerations in arriving at an apportionment of liability in such cases. I have to say I do not know the road where you had this accident. I do not know if there are livestock warning signs on it or what speed limits apply or what views have been taken as to liability in the past, on it or similar roads locally. In any event, one is always advised to travel at such speed as will allow one to stop safely within the distance seen to be clear ahead. Obviously, you'd probably like to hold someone else liable. I suspect you will need good legal advice on the specifics of your circumstances before you can best decide how to proceed toward that goal in this instance.. However, I would not expect that the owner of the bull (which you have presumably injured quite badly) will be automatically held to be liable for an accident which you had with his valuable property. Think, Red Stag, if you'd wiped out on one of those do you think you could claim against someone in that instance. It is taken as commonly understood that on country roads one may be confronted, at any time, by the hazard of animals, wild or straying and that you should therefore drive with according care and attention. Your case starts off on the back foot my friend.