Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tracking line requirements?

Tracking line requirements?

What are your requirements in a tracking line?

Now I supply a specifically designed training lead for the use and aid in gundog training and I am also looking supplying a tacking line/lead for the use with tracking/scent dogs.

I'd prefer to design and make something based on what people actually want rather than just presuming what people want so I'd be very interested in hearing from you guys as to what your requirements would be in a tracking line.

Length?
    Thickness?
    Material?
    Slip loop or metal collar clip?
    ect.

Cheers

Col

Come on guys, Throw me a bone 133 views and no-one wants to share with me what they would like in a perfect tracking line?

My lines are 10m long and 25mm wide biothane. 8m fluorescent orange 2m fluorescent yellow with a buckle on the end. This gives you the option to fasten direct to the harness or attach a quick release clip.

Ideally the material would be permatack but I can't source it. I really like permatack, feels like leather but is totally maintenance free.

Hope this helps.

Cheers Deer man. Just what i'm looking for. Is Permatack the brand and Biothane the material? What kind of price range would you expect to pay if the tracking line featured all of the above?

They are two different materials. PermaTack Home Page
    A good line can be expensive initially but you definitely get what you pay for!

Col preferably Biothane to 10 mtrs as deer man says buy once and it will last a lifetime no picking up of thorns either like a webbing type or drying out and cracking, just a quick wipe down and sorted, atb wayne

I am with deer man, mine is the shiny boithane, 10 meters in orange with the last two meters yellow,
    I find it slips around objects without getting caught up, I haven't found anything better yet.

UKDTR
    Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Quote Originally Posted by colc08 View Post
    Come on guys, Throw me a bone 133 views and no-one wants to share with me what they would like in a perfect tracking line?
    And this is a major problem
    some one with no idea trying to coin in on the situation
    and and you wonder why no one wants to throw you a bone...

UKDTR. Deer track and recovery
    Free of charge and confidential service

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    What do you mean by that stone?
    What situation is anyone coining in o - seemed like a reasonable question to me, and one I was interested in knowing the answer too.
    Last edited by scubadog; 01-07-2014 at 20:38.

Quote Originally Posted by stone View Post
    Please tell me, what ''situation'' are you suggesting I'm trying to coin in on?

I am aiming to start up a very small business supplying products to the shooting and country sports market. I have been shooting all my life but know very little about the requirements of someone who uses a tracking dog.

Where is the harm in learning from others experience and recommendations so that I can supply people what they actually want rather than a half arsed product.

The fact is that if I did decide that I would supply a tracking line I would like to be able to offer them to SD members at discounted prices and would possibly give a few away to helpful posters to gain there valued feedback.

I'm not trying take advantage of any ''situation'' or rob anyone's granny here and I am sorry if I have offended anyone.