Thread: Winchester Super X Power Point

Winchester Super X Power Point

Is the only round i could find in my local shop for my .270 , anyone used them, how good they are?
    I only paid 22 for a box so i'm courios if they are any good.

Thanks

I wouldn't stand in front of them .. im sure they will work just fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Shootgun View Post
    Is the only round i could find in my local shop for my .270 , anyone used them, how good they are?
    I only paid 22 for a box so i'm courios if they are any good.

Thanks

If they shoot well in your rifle then they will be good, but only you will be able to answer your question mate. What shoots well in one particular rifle may not shoot well in another even of the same make and model. All barrels are different.
    As for "I only paid 22 for a box". Don't confuse high prices with better quality. 22 per box is quite enough to pay, that works out at 110 per 100. There is certainly nothing wrong with the bullet itself, I've used them for years in different calibres. It may not be high tech but it works.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I've loaded hundreds of Win PP bullets in both 30 & 243 calibres - I bought mine in bulk (1000 off 150 grain for 308 & 1000 off 100 grain for 243) many moons ago from Howitzer Products - Good accuracy at short to medium range & typical soft point performance on deer. Winchester ammo usually performs well enough in most rifles. Usually cycles well & the brass is ok for reloading.
    The Power Point bullet is one of Winchester's best respected bullet designs - It's been around for yonks - is quite solidly built & normally holds together on impact with not too much weight loss.

Ian

I've used them in my .270, still have some in my cabinet(130gn), they group fine about an inch and half, but PPU group just that bit better in my rifle(Browning Eurobolt) under an inch and at 13 a box I'm sticking with the PPU.
    Jase.

I've used them for years with good results . At reasonable velocities ( no magnums ) they work really well . I've taken four White-Tails in the last two years with a 303 Brit using the 180 gr PP 's . The smallest was about 150 lbs , the largest , I posted a picture here on SD , was over 200 lbs . All four went down instantly and without excessive tissue destruction . I'll be using them again this year when I'm after White-Tails and Mulies . If they shoot well in your rifle , use them , they will do the job perfectly .

AB