Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CIC Certificate for Muntjac

CIC Certificate for Muntjac

I am wondering if someone would be kind enough to share with me a copy of their CIC certificate for a muntjac, a scan or photo of the certificate posted on this thread would be great.

I have got the red book and the notes on how to measure, but it seems confusing.

For example, it seems to ask for the tip to tip measurement twice, same with greatest spread, a few other items confuse me too.

It would be great if someone could help.

Reply by PM if you would prefer.

Cheers
    Last edited by 270Buck; 26-06-2014 at 14:45.

No one kind enough to help?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by 270Buck View Post
    No one kind enough to help?

Cheers
    Google is your friend!
    GOLD MEDAL - Sporting Pictures - Pigeon Watch Forums

its a basc form not cic (oops)
    Last edited by palmer_mike; 26-06-2014 at 18:50.

Maybe not too much help but.

I got the below head measured and the feedback i had was that it didn't reach bronze as it didn't have enough weight. This was due to the cut.

i got it measured out of curiosity, it achieved 55.6. Was never presented with paperwork possibly as it didn't measure.

if these antlers were not broken then the measurement across to each tip would be different and possibly the base to tip measurement could be what is asked for.

good luck in your quest to find the answer.
    Last edited by Tam the Gun; 27-06-2014 at 20:43.

The CIC formula for Muntjac has no weight element in it, unlike the formula for roe, red, or fallow. Therefore any cut will have had no impact on the final score. The bronze medal standard for Muntjac on the CIC formula is 56 points, so a score of 55.6 would not meet the criteria for the award of a medal. If the op needs advice on how to use the CIC formula for muntjac, in terms of how to apply the current formula, I am happy to provide advice if he or she send me a pm

i am not an SME nor claim to be, in this instance it may be that I get a second opinion on this head. Maybe wait until Moy games.

As you seem to have a knowledge of this subject are you able to shed some light on 270buck's original thread with respect to measurements from tip to tip.

or perhaps your able to provide him and the rest of us with a copy of a CIC certificate.
    Last edited by Tam the Gun; 27-06-2014 at 20:44.

I am afraid Hebridean is right, there is no requirement within the CIC scheme to weigh a muntjac head.
    i have a CiC certificate for muntjac somewhere, if this thread isn't resolved by tomorrow evening I will find and post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tam the Gun View Post
    Maybe not too much help but.

I got the below head measured and the feedback i had was that it didn't reach bronze as it didn't have enough weight. This was due to the cut.

i got it measured out of curiosity by CIC measurer, it achieved 55.6. Was never presented with any paperwork either!.

if these antlers were not broken then the measurement across to each tip would be different and possibly the base to tip measurement could be what is asked for.

good luck in your quest to find the answer.
    This is the scanned form from the red book. Although it is not very self explanatory there is definitely no weight as part of the scoring.

Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I am afraid Hebridean is right, there is no requirement within the CIC scheme to weigh a muntjac head.
    i have a CiC certificate for muntjac somewhere, if this thread isn't resolved by tomorrow evening I will find and post it here.
    That would be great if you are happy to.

FYI, I have also send a PM to Hebridean, so maybe they can give some clarification on this too.

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Google is your friend!
    GOLD MEDAL - Sporting Pictures - Pigeon Watch Forums

its a basc form not cic (oops)
    Thanks for your help, but as you rightly say is the BASC form rather than the CIC which is what I am working from.

Cheers