BASC discounts on new hi-lux

Any BASC member can call Nick Glazebrook on 01244 573004, he looks after all the car deals where BASC members can get a discount. The only rule is that you must have been a member for 1 year or more

David

Not sure about Toyota but I got in excess of 15% off a Nissan p/u
Hi Tim,
How much in excess of 15% may I ask.
I know yours is a Nissan but I may be encouraged to change if it was good.
I will be looking to change my Discovery soon and always get a good discount, it's called a loyalty bonus given by the dealer just for using him each time and, so far, have not found anybody to beat it.

says a bit about the mark up car dealers 'do you a deal' on :-|
There is always a 'Target' price that salesman have and the selling price which is quite a bit to give them leeway if they need your custom.
My most recent discount, the Discovery I have at present, was almost a done deal, complete with discount and extras, when I mentioned a Landrover garage that I had to use the week previous when on holiday had offered me a better deal and I was given another 1k discount on the spot !!

Hi Jimbo, It's not that I have the confidence to haggle, it's that I haven't got the money to spare !!!
I think I read somewhere in a Motor magazine where they listed the RRP prices and then there was another column listing the average price you could expect to pay after a discount.
I always dive in straight to the recommended discounted price and haggle from there.

The discount that BASC members can get is over and above and discount the dealer will be able to offer, as its backed by the manufacturer and does not come off the dealers margin.

David

Just for info if you want a new Hilux there is a six month wait I ordered mine February 2012 and took delivery in September 2012. I asked last week at the dealers and it's still six months waiting as they are overwhelmed with orders. That say's a lot about them when people are prepaired to wait. I have found mine to be far better than the Landrover's I used to drive and would recommend them.

Jimbo

I ordered a new hilux this week, will be ready mid July, with factory options fitted.. Leather, tow bar, bfg at's, roll n lock. Got very good discount and excellent trade in.

my relationship with Nissan has been severed after being slipped a large portion of helmet by a dealer (rowstock nissan, newbury) and their customer services dept!

I ordered a new hilux this week, will be ready mid July, with factory options fitted.. Leather, tow bar, bfg at's, roll n lock. Got very good discount and excellent trade in.

my relationship with Nissan has been severed after being slipped a large portion of helmet by a dealer (rowstock nissan, newbury) and their customer services dept!

Hope it arrives on time I was given April as delivery then June then July and as said got it in September. As I also said I asked the dealers only last week and they said that there was still a six month waiting list. Unless of course you are getting ex demmo model.

Jimbo

The discount that BASC members can get is over and above and discount the dealer will be able to offer, as its backed by the manufacturer and does not come off the dealers margin. David
Now that does promise to be fun when the time comes, I will look forward to it.

13.50hrs 2nd July.
Just checked with the Landrover dealer as advertised on the BASC web site and had a word.
I was told that it is not a Landrover discount on top of the local dealers discount, only certain dealers giving a discount if you are a member !

Last edited:
Back