Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Repeated threads

Repeated threads

Why do some of the 'old stagers' on the SD have to post complaints and sarcastic messages on repeated threads. Not only does it do a dis-service to the site but can lead to holding off further comment.
    So you have seen the thread before, dont comment, let it go and let some of the new members have their say. You never know they have something useful to add.
    There have been some 200 intro's since the end of April this year. Not all of these want to search through thousands of comments each time something crops up.

Quote Originally Posted by billh View Post
    Why do some of the 'old stagers' on the SD have to post complaints and sarcastic messages on repeated threads. Not only does it do a dis-service to the site but can lead to holding off further comment.
    So you have seen the thread before, dont comment, let it go and let some of the new members have their say. You never know they have something useful to add.
    There have been some 200 intro's since the end of April this year. Not all of these want to search through thousands of comments each time something crops up.
    I think you will find that if you looked that this has already been covered before......

Quote Originally Posted by billh View Post
    Because not every SD member, be they of a post count to suggest they're drawing a State pension or indeed new to the site greenhorns wanting fast-tracked access to the Classifieds, will view the forum as wholly an information resource but rather an opportunity for a bit of virtual intercourse with like-minded souls to make up for the shortfall of such in their every-day (real-world) existence??

That there will always be an element of the membership who delight in both joyous banter and the opportunity to respond to certain repeat posts of clearly self-righteous proportion and with suitably ironic tinged repartee is only to be expected.

And besides, this is not the WI where understandably one may rely on that fine institution to provide a definitive bramble jam making recipe but rather a disparate lot from child romper suit-wearing clowns through to the CZ wealding Prepper who insists upon hoarding Hodgdon reloading powders that should be available to me!

K

Quote Originally Posted by Klenchblaize View Post
    Because not every SD member, be they of a post count to suggest they're drawing a State pension or indeed new to the site greenhorns wanting fast-tracked access to the Classifieds, will view the forum as wholly an information resource but rather an opportunity for a bit of virtual intercourse with like-minded souls to make up for the shortfall of such in their every-day (real-world) existence??

That there will always be an element of the membership who delight in both joyous banter and the opportunity to respond to certain repeat posts of clearly self-righteous proportion and with suitably ironic tinged repartee is only to be expected.

And besides, this is not the WI where understandably one may rely on that fine institution to provide a definitive bramble jam making recipe but rather a disparate lot from child romper suit-wearing clowns through to the CZ wealding Prepper who insists upon hoarding Hodgdon reloading powders that should be available to me!

K
    What's wrong with a CZ. I have had one for years in .243 and it has never let me down.

Quote Originally Posted by ELMER FUDD View Post
    What's wrong with a CZ. I have had one for years in .243 and it has never let me down.
    nothing, apart from being poor quality, terrible triggers and with awkward mounting systems. especially in .243, which of course is a a mouse gun and only suited for recoil shy girls. (sense the sarcasm)

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    nothing, apart from being poor quality, terrible triggers and with awkward mounting systems. especially in .243, which of course is a a mouse gun and only suited for recoil shy girls. (sense the sarcasm)
    None of the many deer or fox that have fell to it have complained that they were shot by a CZ as opposed to a blaser or some other overpriced weapon.

I also have a .308 but don't use it that much as i always head or neck shoot.

Also have a Beretta semi auto .22, manufactured in 1957 but is a very accurate rifle which only cost me 20 which I would challenge anyone to beat, freehand at 100 yds.

There is one for sale on the internet manufactured 1955 and asking price 250 s/h
    Last edited by ELMER FUDD; 25-06-2014 at 21:29. Reason: Add text

.243 is all you ever need...

or 270 hmm maybe 308, 8x56 or 7x50? in white,
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by Paul at Fechan View Post
    .243 is all you ever need...
    +1 couldn't agree more