Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best pull weight?

Best pull weight?

Here's a 'can of worms' type question for you then.....
    What do you consider is the best trigger pull weight for a stalking rifle? I just bought a lighter spring for one of my Sako 75's so that they both now release at the same pressure which is 1.5 lbs. Although quite light, I prefer a lighter trigger and feel it is much better to have them both roughly the same. What is yours set at and why?
    MS

Both of mine at roughly the same as yours ms.
    Just what I'm used to (always had a light trigger on air rifles and rifles). Never caused me any problems it being light.

I have always liked lighter trigger pulls my rifles are at the 2.5lbs mark

all 3 running at 6oz's. that's quite heavy for me though. everyone wets themselves when they shoot them....
    callum ferguson builds my rifles, because he is the best and i'm worth it....

12oz -24oz for me....Like Nowler says makes people sh*t themselves the second time they pull the trigger....although you can easily check for flinching on the first round!

Quote Originally Posted by nowler View Post
    all 3 running at 6oz's. that's quite heavy for me though. everyone wets themselves when they shoot them....
    Wow! That's very light! I'm guessing you are a target shooter too?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorsettaff View Post
    12oz -24oz for me....Like Nowler says makes people sh*t themselves the second time they pull the trigger....although you can easily check for flinching on the first round!
    The best way to check for flinching is to secretly chamber an empty case! You'd be amazed at some of the ways people behave when they pull the trigger! The empty case method makes them realise what they do too - especially if you can film it and play it back to them!
    MS

I dont know what mine are set at but i do know that my .270 is a hell of a lot lighter than my .243 as i found out when using the .270 on the range after firing the .243

best weight is what ever suits the operator. My personal rifles are at 8oz and I have never had any problems with them. In the past, work rifle triggers have had various safety issues such as discharging when safety catch was pushed forward. They have always been 2lb or heavier. So a heavier trigger DOES NOT make it safer