Thread: border barrels

border barrels

Hi all
    Need some advice
    Sent my ior 9_3656 ill back for repair to bb inearly feb this year and stupidly forgot to take down serial no,
    5 months later still no scope!!!!!
    I call and call with no success in finding out anything at all
    They say they have my scopes serial no but wont forward it !!!
    I contacted ior direct and they have no knowledge of the scope at all !!!!!
    Spoke to cab and sent a rcorded letter stating my displeasure at the whole situation with a time line for resolution and STILL nothing !!!!
    They have never once contacted me other than sending me a very poor loan scope last week
    Any Suggestions??????

Might be worth metioning getting a 3rd party involed ,that seems to get things moving when i am trying to get money out of customers .The thought of having to pay for there poor sevice might get them thinking

citizens advice then a polite solicitors letter but record all dates etc
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

be prepared for a wait it took 18 months to even get a response from border when i had to get my ior repaired then they refused to sort it under warrenty as they said they no longer dealt with them. i had to go directly to ior which was equally as bad. All sorted in end though

I thought BB didn't have IOR anymore, in fact weren't they advising warranty work to be sent to Europe, as BB have been sold and relocated to Birmingham you might have problems ahead, check out other forums for people waiting for barrels. As others have said, might be worth getting a third party involved or at the very least Trading Standards (who are suprisingly helpful people)

Twitter and Facebook are marvellous tools to get people to act upon something, the threat of bad publicity/reviews usually does the trick. No company wants to be regarded as poor customer servers. Agree with Spud too, record every action...and be polite should it come to a lawsuit.....Good Luck!!!
    Remington 700 VLS .223rem, ASE Utra SL5, Timney Calvin Elite Trigger
    Sako 75 Stainless Synthetic .308win, Wildcat Mod.
    Howa M-1500 .243win Wildcat Mod, Timney Trigger, Bell and Carlson Stock
    6.5x47Lapua, Valkyrie Valhalla.
    Ruger 10/22 Stainless .22lr, Sako Mod, Hogue Stock

border barrels

I have recorded every item sent to bb and have copies so they cant deny recieving my scope I printed off the signature that took delivery,
    Ior have no record of it at all being sent!!!!!
    Its a really poor job to have no customer service relations after they said they would sort it out under the guarantee and would be glad to
    What bullsh**
    Aggghhhh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by springer View Post
    I have recorded every item sent to bb and have copies so they cant deny recieving my scope I printed off the signature that took delivery,
    Ior have no record of it at all being sent!!!!!
    Its a really poor job to have no customer service relations after they said they would sort it out under the guarantee and would be glad to
    What bullsh**
    Aggghhhh!!!!!!
    Well it seems simple to me....You sent a scope in for repair in good faith (Receipted proof), it has not got to the repairers (IOR), therefore its been stolen on route? Claim on their insurance? Report to the Police!!!
    Last edited by chocky14u; 26-06-2014 at 16:50.
    Remington 700 VLS .223rem, ASE Utra SL5, Timney Calvin Elite Trigger
    Sako 75 Stainless Synthetic .308win, Wildcat Mod.
    Howa M-1500 .243win Wildcat Mod, Timney Trigger, Bell and Carlson Stock
    6.5x47Lapua, Valkyrie Valhalla.
    Ruger 10/22 Stainless .22lr, Sako Mod, Hogue Stock

Maybe a visit to their place of business if you're going to be passing nearby sometime soon?
    more difficult for them to give you the runaround face to face.