high seat

russ91

how many guys shoot from high seats on here? also could any one put any pics up of theirs thinking about making sum for on my shoot.

High seats are a big bonus for many shooters, some time back I made up seats from what was in the scrap skip, a mate would usually dip them on his shift, if not we painted them, these were permanently sited to overlook fox runs, chained & strapped to the best tree in the area, we just used to lock a blanking plate over the first six rungs to keep anyone off, & really no loss if anyone took a shine to one. 8) I also carry a folding type that is common on the Arran scheme in the truck, this can be erected on fixing points on the truck, or even on farm trailers etc. :) :)

I have two, a single and a double. Here is the single;
P1010640-1.jpg

It's a PD high seat that's 10ft to the seat, the shooting rail risers were longer but i am a large bloke so i trimmed them so i could get in the seat.
It's fully gavanised, comes in sections and will fit in and on my Jimny for transportation.

P1010639.jpg

Fully kitted up I weigh in at 19 stone (winter clothes, coat, rifle etc.) and it has not bent yet.

Paul charges £135 for them, i cannot make them and galvanise them for that price so I buy his.

Atb, ft

cheers guys i will be makeing timber ones as i am a chippy so can easly sorce the materials needed :D ;) cheers guys

russ91 said:
cheers guys i will be makeing timber ones as i am a chippy so can easly sorce the materials needed :D ;) cheers guys

Stone has put a post up regarding a wooden high seat with pics as well, but I can't find the thread. I'm sure if you PM him he will put it up again. I made one after looking at it.

Jonathon

243varmint said:
russ91 said:

Stone has put a post up regarding a wooden high seat with pics as well, but I can't find the thread. I'm sure if you PM him he will put it up again. I made one after looking at it.

Jonathon

And a great high seat it is too. It may be obvious but worth repeating - the wooden version made to Stone's spec is brilliant but it weighs a lot and you wont want to be carrying it very far on your shoulder. Materials may be cheap but the hernia is going to be painful! :(

Back