What's the best caller for Crow and other corvids?

Not able to search at mo (iphone) but I have a funny feeling the general license doesn't allow callers for shooting corvids?

Not able to search at mo (iphone) but I have a funny feeling the general license doesn't allow callers for shooting corvids?
that being the case then , my foxpro with either crow in distress or dying crow fetch them real close to photograph , they seem to come from everypoint of the compass !

I don't think it is strictly legal to use an electronic caller, but a blown or shaken one is. The difference in principle defeats me.

David.

not sure if they are still made should be ive got a ACME woodpecker, black plastic one that works,cant see them being expensive,atb doug,

The one I use is a HAMMERIN call. It contributed to a bag of 45 on Thursday last, they were on grass but having a go at the edge of a miky barley crop. Used a combination of flocked decoys and the caller in a well hidden net hide. Mainly crows and jackdaws.

+1 on the sam neyt caller, good bit of kit which I have used to good effect. They are a bit pricey but worth the money as they work

Thitlew, As far as I am aware the electronic caller for crows is illegal. Callers that you blow into are perfectly fine. I have the acme caller and though it takes a bit of practice to get the noise right is dirt cheap at about £3.50. The effort to get it right though was more than I woulld have liked. The call I hear lots of people raving about for crows is the Primos Power crow call. Apparently its like a magnet and easy enough to use. More expensive but better than sitting in a ditch blowing what sounds like a kazoo for no return.

Hope that helps.

Back