Thread: BPCA Level 2

BPCA Level 2

Not the usual deer topic I know , but unsure where to post this question , was just wondering if anyone? , has done the BPCA level 2 course online , I was thinking this would suit me better than the residential course.

ask matt the rat on the hunting life in the snaring section.

Hi Barnett

if you are working in the industry now and training up and getting used to chemicals, law, insect ID know your quarry blah blah. And have a good solid block of foundation learning
    go for the online exam after a few months, get the glamour bit out of the way start learning

if you have no access to training with a decent pestie. I would recommend you find a pestie sponsor to help you get used to all the different modules that, will come up on the test sheets. Go through them all and give yourselves a weekly test to ensure you have learnt something and include a couple from the previous couple of weeks as well

chemical use and target species with ID are a big part of the training, it normally is an all day event

you should get a manual with the course if you learn every page and keep it in your head you'll pass but you cannot beat experience with it as well. They should really go together

good luck

phil

Quote Originally Posted by philip View Post
    Hi Barnett

if you are working in the industry now and training up and getting used to chemicals, law, insect ID know your quarry blah blah. And have a good solid block of foundation learning
    go for the online exam after a few months, get the glamour bit out of the way start learning

if you have no access to training with a decent pestie. I would recommend you find a pestie sponsor to help you get used to all the different modules that, will come up on the test sheets. Go through them all and give yourselves a weekly test to ensure you have learnt something and include a couple from the previous couple of weeks as well

chemical use and target species with ID are a big part of the training, it normally is an all day event

you should get a manual with the course if you learn every page and keep it in your head you'll pass but you cannot beat experience with it as well. They should really go together

good luck

phil
    good advice Phil, I'd definitely echo it.
    Regards
    Jimmy.