Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: high seat (purchase, not make)

high seat (purchase, not make)

For fear of hijacking Russ91's post I've started my own as I merely want to buy a seat... (would love to make one but the Mrs has better things for me to put my DIY skills to)

I've been tempted by the one below (largely based on its price). Does anyone have experience/comments/review... or alternatives?

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...+-+HALF+PRICE/

Thanks,

Stig

Re: high seat (purchase, not make)

Quote Originally Posted by stig
    I've been tempted by the one below (largely based on its price). Does anyone have experience/comments/review... or alternatives?

http://www.sportsmanguncentre.co.uk/...+-+HALF+PRICE/
    Thanks,
    Stig
    I bought a cheap treestand from Targetsports for 99 and it was terrible.
    One of the worst purchases i have ever made. Do not buy it if it is powder coated, buy galvanised steel.

You cannot beat a PD highseat, for 135 you get a fully galvanised but easily portable single highseat that will last your lifetime.

Ask Wint, he came to see mine.

ft

ft

bushwear

Bushwear are rapists,

they charge like the light brigade,

i have one of the sportsmans lean to's it is ***** but does the job.

Hammerite it before you put it up and replace the bolts with stainless ones. mine is still up after 2 years and no -one has stolen it yet so good enough for my occasional use.

How can you say Bushwear charge too much when they are only 204 ??
    Try and find another lightweight Aluminium folder of that quality for that price!
    I have one too with the 'Cub' extension and it is great value. My only mild criticism is that the rail is not as stable as it could be to support a very heavy stalking rifle. I'm going to make a telescopic prop for mine from an old landing net pole which will go from the centre of the rail down to one of the rungs. Should make a big difference I reckon.

A couple of years ago I bought a cheap lean-to high seat from Cabelas in the States (Realtree) very similar to the Summit at Sportsman, its lasted ok but is now getting rusty in places & the bolts all need replacing.

In September last year I bought a free standing one from Paul at PD Highseats (just down the road from me), great seat, fully galvanised just coated it with Hammerite & its doing well, comfortable & a good adjustable shooting rail that I covered in pipe lagging & duck tape.

Chris

Old

New

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker
    I'm going to make a telescopic prop for mine from an old landing net pole which will go from the centre of the rail down to one of the rungs. Should make a big difference I reckon.
    I use a telescopic hide pole, and yep it makes the world of difference!

Cheers all - sounds like Paul might be the man for the job...

Can someone PM me contact details pls.

Thanks.

Stig

ft seat

As FT said,I looked at his seat last week & ive got to say they are good strong seats, Andy