How to get an EC firearms pass?

western woodsman

How does one go about getting an EC firearms pass? Through your FEO and police force who authorised the FAC?

I want to take my .308 next year boar shooting in France that I understand is now a legal caliber.

Please advise

As always, I expect different forces ask for requests in different formats, but the important thing is that the EFP is a formality. West Mercia insist that you write or email listing the firearms you want to travel with. I suggest that you list the one you want for now and any that you might want to travel with in the future.

They should turn it around pretty quickly. There is no charge and the photo ID document that comes back looks a little like a passport. It will be dated to expire at the same time as your current FAC.

I have never travelled to France, but I hazard a guess that you will need some form of permit to import a firearm and ammunition issued by their police and perhaps a further permit to hunt.

regards

Ian

I have never travelled to France, but I hazard a guess that you will need some form of permit to import a firearm and ammunition issued by their police and perhaps a further permit to hunt.

No permit to import firearm, that's what the EFP is for, but you will require a Permis de Chasse (Hunting Licence) in order to hunt. You should really have a written invite or confirmation of a booking also.

No permit to import firearm, that's what the EFP is for, but you will require a Permis de Chasse (Hunting Licence) in order to hunt. You should really have a written invite or confirmation of a booking also.

Thanks - worth knowing. However, some countries require you to have a permit from the police to allow the rifle and or ammunition into the country.

Yes thanks all. Last year I went and got the permis de chasse sorted beforehand( I did have a friend in France helping me on this), but had to borrow a rifle. So this year I will get the same ahead of time, but I wanted to get the EFP sorted now while not doing much to be organised. I will write to my FAC issuing office and get it going. If it cost nothing now it will invariably cost something in the future so might as well get it now. I do not think though I can bring my moderator though to France so will re-zero without.

Back