Thread: Deer syndicate south of london

Deer syndicate south of london

Hello all. I'm looking for a smallish group to join. I've DSC 1 and shortly 2. Drive a defender and am more than happy to assist in any pest control and land maintenance , high seats, clearing windfall, ditches etc. happy to pay whatever is required up front ( within reason) I've been stalking for around 2 years and have accounted for approx 65 deer. My open license will be through shortly. I'm quite happy to travel further for the right ground. As I work offshore I'm away every 3 weeks for 3 weeks. I have full insurance with BASC and Andrew Weir gun & equipment insurance, car is fully comp and covered for off road use. I have appox 3500 acres of permissions and have been rough shooting for around 20 years. I would also be interested in being a partner at whatever percentage in a forestry commission tender. I am fully certified in first aid, manual handling , risk assessment and firefighting. My job involves me making decisions at the very highest level of safety and planning.
    Last edited by Danny rem mag; 29-06-2014 at 09:28. Reason: Additional info

Hi Danny reading your post re deer syndicate south of london it seems that you have plenty of land to shoot over with an abundance of deer, and lots of hands on experience, so why would you want to join a deer syndicate,

cheers geoff
    Last edited by geoffrey; 28-06-2014 at 20:02.

Hi Geoff , the vast majority of my land doesn't hold any deer, and the ones that do have a limited amount of Roe. Most of my deer have been taken on paid up days and on 1-2 week trips to Scotland. I'm ideally looking for somewhere that holds a mixture of deer , ie Roe, Fallow and Muntjac, possibly even Red, but I realise that I will have to travel further for those. I hope people don't think I'm being greedy, I would just like to be part of some 'quality' land and to participate in a structured breeding and cull program.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny rem mag View Post
    Hi Geoff , the vast majority of my land doesn't hold any deer, and the ones that do have a limited amount of Roe. Most of my deer have been taken on paid up days and on 1-2 week trips to Scotland. I'm ideally looking for somewhere that holds a mixture of deer , ie Roe, Fallow and Muntjac, possibly even Red, but I realise that I will have to travel further for those. I hope people don't think I'm being greedy, I would just like to be part of some 'quality' land and to participate in a structured breeding and cull program.
    Morning Danny,

Cant see an issue with your request, but the likely hood of your finding such a syndicate in the southern area of the UK is slim. There are places on larger estates that run deer syndicates, but these are usually very expensive and a bit of a closed shop.

There are a people who have land and take even more, without the time or knowledge to control/manage deer within the seasons, let alone out of them sometimes, and with stalking becoming ever more popular there is a shortage of decent stalking land available.
    It may pay you to get your Level 2 sorted and then look for a syndicate place on a larger FC area or Fountain Forestry. Places do become available on this site, but are snapped up quickly. But for any FC lease/syndicate you will need Level 2.

Good luck
    All grades of deer stalkers/hunters in the UK and overseas catered for. Level 2 DMQ signing off available. Over 30 years experience in the stalking/hunting industry. For friendly and professional help go to www.UKOutfitters.co.uk

ZEISS PRO STALKER.

Hi Danny

i asked the question because i do know of a syndicate on the kent East Sussex border, plenty of fallow on the ground but reading your reply i do not think it would suit your needs as the members do not get the chance to get involved which is a real pity.

cheers geoff