Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSC 1 & 1st time off sticks

DSC 1 & 1st time off sticks

I will be doing the DSC 1 Course in October and was a little worried about shooting off sticks because I have never done it. Very relieved today to put all my practise shots within 4" at 100 yards using sticks for the first time. No doubt nerves will play a part on the day but at least I will be that bit nearer!

now go back and do it sitting down and then prone ,you will be ok dont worry about it ive never used any sticks ,in fact i made a set last night for just this predicament, Attachment 43913Attachment 43914
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 28-06-2014 at 15:59.
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by Grimrecruiter View Post
    I will be doing the DSC 1 Course in October and was a little worried about shooting off sticks because I have never done it. Very relieved today to put all my practise shots within 4" at 100 yards using sticks for the first time. No doubt nerves will play a part on the day but at least I will be that bit nearer!
    Well done monkey spanker has posted a thread how to make some quad sticks ,shooting from quad sticks you can zero from they are so steady,very cheap to make I wouldn't be with out mine ,hope all goes well for you.

At 100m you're shooting from the prone position and not from sticks. However if you can group under 4" at 100m off sticks you're going to have no problems at 70m in the test.
    I have to agree with berg that if you make some Monkey Sticks it will be even easier!

Good luck with DSC1

Baguio
    Last edited by baguio; 28-06-2014 at 17:52.

Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post
    At 100m you're shooting from the prone position and not from sticks. However if you can group under 4" at 100m off sticks you're going to have no problems at 70m in the test.
    I have to agree with berg that if you make some Monkey Sticks it will be even easier!

Good luck with DSC1

Baguio
    Is there are reason why you could not shoot the 100 m off your sticks ?

Tim.243

Yes, because the test requires you to shoot it prone.

Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

From the BDS site: 4. Shooting Assessment A range based shooting assessment requiring the placement of 3 shots in a four inch circle at 100 yards, followed by a series of shots at a simulated deer target in three positions, prone, sitting or kneeling, and standing.

It's their rules!

Baguio

I had not shot a full bore rifle off sticks until I did my DSC1 and I used a borrowed rifle. I did practice a bit using an air rifle. As has been said before relax as much as you can on the day, it will help

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by baguio View Post

Good luck with DSC1

Baguio
    .......or even the 40yds which is the test requirement. 100m prone, 70m kneeling or sitting, 40m standing.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

When I did mine, I was told you could shoot all three ranges from standing if you wanted.