Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deet

Deet

I was forgetting the damage DEET can do to stuff, I raised the Iphone to my ear a couple of weeks back, after applying DEET to my skin during a pretty big hatch of mozzies / farm midges, on looking at the screen to finish the call, I noticed the plastic screen protector had gone opaque big time, no amount of wiping had any effect, this is a top quality film with a guarantee on it against scratching, so I was pretty p888ed off, been cleaning the Fireball this morning & don't know why, but gave the plastic film a good rub, with a clean cotton rag soaked in Methylated spirit, hey presto!!! sorted!.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    I was forgetting the damage DEET can do to stuff, I raised the Iphone to my ear a couple of weeks back, after applying DEET to my skin during a pretty big hatch of mozzies / farm midges, on looking at the screen to finish the call, I noticed the plastic screen protector had gone opaque big time, no amount of wiping had any effect, this is a top quality film with a guarantee on it against scratching, so I was pretty p888ed off, been cleaning the Fireball this morning & don't know why, but gave the plastic film a good rub, with a clean cotton rag soaked in Methylated spirit, hey presto!!! sorted!.
    If it does that to plastic, should you really be applying it to skin seriously though and have used it myself I do wonder how safe some of those applications are for us long term.

i still have some issue 1977 stuff it will melt the tyres of ya truck

It strips varnish off a gun in no time if you get the good stuff, 100% , when we squirrel camp in Illinois everything tastes of feet after a couple of days! it's the new channel No5

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    It strips varnish off a gun in no time if you get the good stuff, 100% , when we squirrel camp in Illinois everything tastes of feet after a couple of days! it's the new channel No5
    Stop washing your feet in the billy cans!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Bloxxdy predictive writing ' deet ' is what it should have said

That predictive text creates some unknowingly funny posts. "Everything tastes of feet"

It's the cheapest way to having a full face peel. My wife thought I looked 10 years younger after 4 days of using 100% Deet.
    It melted the back of my Swatch watch which was rather worrying. It's evil stuff and caused a lot a cancer in Vietnam I have been told by people in the know.

Smidge that midge is a better option I find, doesn't melt your cheek pad on your stock like Deet did a few years back, I find it just as effective as deet to.
    "you've only got three choices in life - give up, give in or give it all you've got"

Remember this stuff?

Found it in an old fishing bag the other day, brilliant for the midgies but horrendous on reel handles, flylines, eyes, skin, and 20 year old HW80 stock varnish still showing its effects