Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LMT .223 M4 carbine

LMT .223 M4 carbine

Hi all,
    Looking to sell my .223 LMT M4 straight pull carbine.
    It is in as new condition, fired around 400 rounds, and all accessories listed are genuine items not eBay ripoffs!
    This is the same model carbine as issued to BTP and Cheshire Police firearms teams, purchased new from the same supplier, as one of ten initial straight pull carbines manufactured for the UK.

Monoblock light alloy upper and lower
    12.5" 1in7 chrome lined barrel (loves 69gn Prvi hollow point match) with deactivated gas plug.
    Law Enforcement International muzzle break with slot-on LEI moderator (worth £500)
    LMT grip and FAB defence stock, with spare dark earth LMT grip, stock and rail covers. ***dark earth grip, stock and covers now sold***
    Knights Armament rail covers, fore grip and rear backup sight.
    Trijicon ACOG 4x32 fibre optic illuminated scope with Trijicon RMR 3.25 MOA red dot on top. *** Scope now sold ***
    Eight Magpul 30 rnd magazines, and one LMT 10 rnd magazine. ***10 rnd mag now sold***
    Global Snipersystems quick release bipod with podlock.
    Surefire M3 weapon torch
    LMT front and rear iron sights
    AF 4111 combat sling
    400 rounds of Prvi 69gn hollow point match available free with gun if face 2 face sale.

It took me a long time to source the genuine accessories, and it is a great carbine. Reluctant sale, but need the money to fund a new 6.5x55 Sauer or I'm stuffed!

Looking for offers around £2,000 please for the whole package. (Minus the items marked as now sold separately).

Thanks
    Last edited by coriolis; 09-07-2014 at 17:23. Reason: Some items now sold
    Piglet shifted uncomfortably in his high seat;

"Oh bother" sighed Pooh as he chambered another round...

This looks wonderful... but I think the rules for this section require you to name a price. My breath is duly 'bated.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

What were you using it for if you don't mind me asking? Just on the range. So who got you the mags? Do the ones in the white bags have NSN's on.

Underwater ice welder - very military sort of saying Im a dolphin dentist really.

Nice bit of kit, and I'm sure who ever buys it will have fun, but il stick to the sharpshooter!

Those white bags look familiar. We were thrown hundreds of them for our deployment to Afghan to replace the old metal mags.

What sort of thing could this rifle be conditioned for then? Would love something like that in my cabinet but not sure if the wife would allow it

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_Muirhead View Post
    What sort of thing could this rifle be conditioned for then? Would love something like that in my cabinet but not sure if the wife would allow it
    i guess if you have a slot for a .223 on your ticket then you could use if for whatever that slot was conditioned for?

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    i guess if you have a slot for a .223 on your ticket then you could use if for whatever that slot was conditioned for?
    Yeah id slip the Acog off and stick a S&B Pm2 5-20x50 ultra short on. Be good in the field I'm sure. I only have .22 and .308 on my ticket, don't really need anything else. But one can not have to many toys I hear! Lol
    Last edited by GunsmithDolphinholme; 29-06-2014 at 19:00. Reason: error

Thanks for the reminder Mr. Gain, price added to thread.

I've used it both on the range for target and CQB practise, and also as a foxing rifle. It performs well in all roles. The action is smooth and cycles quickly, the slot-on moderator is great.

The magazines (apart from the LMT 10 rnd metal one) are all genuine Magpul, four with windows, four without. I got them direct from Law Enforcement International. Yes, they are the same ones dished out in Afghan.

I got it on my ticket as a .223 straight pull rifle for target, fox/vermin and ALQ.

Thanks for your msgs.
    Last edited by coriolis; 29-06-2014 at 19:33.

OMG that is sexy!!! I am saving up for one of these at the moment. Did you get the short barrel as a factory option or did you have the 16" one chopped?

LMT will only send 16" barrels to the UK. They look a bit long for my liking. Gary at LEI cut and re-screwed / re-crowned etc, then added the LEI muzzle break and slot-on moderator, and the gas block. It's all re-proofed and stamped. He is the sole importer and knows his stuff ��
    Last edited by coriolis; 06-07-2014 at 20:32.

Thanks for that