Thread: Weatherby Mk V six lug

Weatherby Mk V six lug

For a long time on going project, I am looking for a 6 lug Weatherby Mk V long action rifle the caliber is not important 30-06, 25-06, 7x64.
    its the action I realy need but I am prepared to buy a rifle.
    Does anyone know of one available to buy.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

There's a 270 Win Japanese 6-Lug on Gun Trader:

http://www.guntrader.co.uk/Guns-For-...30808113050001

6-lug actions in non-magnum calibres are very rare.

Had it been in 270 Weatherby I'd have bought it myself.

M275
    I have allready spoken to the shop with this rifle it is a 9 lug, I had a 9 lug 30-06 so there are a few about, it seems that the Jap rifles were 9 lug only, the 6 lug are only made in the last lot of American rifles made since the 90s or so I am told.

Sorry, I remembered wrong, it's age creeping up.

I'm curious, why would you prefer a 6-lug to a 9-lug? Is there something here I could learn? Most discussions about Weatherby MkVs revolve around whether the original US, German, Japanese or later US versions were better than each other. They've moved production again recently from sub-contractors in Minnesota to new facilities in California, so even more for us to debate.

Its a long story I want to build a 338-06 and managed to buy a Weatherby Barrel for next to nothing to fit a 6 lug action.

I found a 6 lug rifle in a gunshop in the uk in 30-06 went to look at it agreed a price and had it shipped to my riflesmith and then I had to go into hospital for an operation.

A year later I gave the man the go ahead to build the rifle only to find the rifle I had bought was not the one they had sent, they had sent a 9 lug action.
    But a year later is to long to ask them to send the right one.
    So I had the 9 lug re barreled in 6.5-284 and now I need a 6 lug to build my 338-06.
    Last edited by sikadog; 30-06-2014 at 16:10.

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    Its a long story I want to build a 338-06 and managed to buy a Weatherby Barrel for next to nothing to fit a 6 lug action.

I found a 6 lug rifle in a gunshop in the uk in 30-06 went to look at it agreed a price and had it shipped to my riflesmith and then I had to go into hospital for an operation.

A year later I gave the man the go ahead to build the rifle only to find the rifle I had bought was not the one they had sent, they had sent a 9 lug action.
    But a year later is to long to ask them to send the right one.
    So I had the 9 lug re barreled in 6.5-284 and now I need a 6 lug to build my 338-06.
    Thanks for the explanation, all very logical. I just wondered if 6-lug might have advantages over 9-lug, which in your case it obviously does. That's the sort of complicated, convoluted state I often find myself in!

The only advantage the 6 lug has over the 9 lug is weight and that I need one.

I am prepared to offer a reward to anyone who can find me an appropriate rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by sikadog View Post
    I am prepared to offer a reward to anyone who can find me an appropriate rifle.
    not sure how quick you need it, but I'm looking to import some rifles and actions from the US later this year, could be tagged on if purchased via one of the US sites and stored with my family there, until.

what's your finders fee?