Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which dog food/diet?

Which dog food/diet?

Which complete food or other diet would YOU recommend? Interested in what YOU use and recommend and not hearsay.
    Many thanks

I've been using one of the CSJ working dog mixes for my lab since she was a pup, very reasonable price and she's always in lovely condition.

Dog Food for gundogs, sheepdogs, agility dogs, and show dogs.

You can buy it on Amazon if you can't find a local outlet.
    Last edited by paul k; 30-06-2014 at 11:03.

Rica from Poundstetchers... 5.99 reduced from 15.99. Done the taste tests and they prefer it over Chudles and Skinners.

Quote Originally Posted by paul k View Post
    I've been using one of the CSJ working dog mixes for my lab since she was a pup, very reasonable price and she's always in lovely condition.

Dog Food for gundogs, sheepdogs, agility dogs, and show dogs.

You can buy it on Amazon if you can't find a local outlet.
    +1 I have been using CSJ champ for my lab and she is in great condition. Its a good price as well.

My advice is to feed a decent food - not one full of wheat.

It does pay in the long run - put crap in and that's exactly what you can expect out!

Some foods are for working dogs, as such they don't attract VAT!

We have been feeding our dog on a raw meat and veg only diet. and seen a massive inprovement his health, with all that free meat and offal from deer rabbit wild fowl etc , or you can buy frozen from pet manager which works out about 50 per month.

Ian

Certain food will suit certain dogs better than others. I started mine off on royal cannine never again she started shedding skin and wasn't really keen on it.
    now she's on Canagan I buy her the royal game and the wild salmon around 15 for two kilo's each bag. Since she's been on that her strength, energy and physique has improved vastly.

I was steered away from food containing cereals but like said each dogs suits different to the food.
    Last edited by weeman; 30-06-2014 at 13:44.

Chudleys for the lab, BMH and terrier. Also skinners for the young lab.

stacey

The lab and spaniel are both on CSJ,and my teckel pup on canagan,together with this stuff.
    Comes in a big polystyrene box,cut in block and frozen.

they love it dog food raw barf minced chicken for dogs

I feed James Wellbeloved in the morning and then raw meat in the eve. Works well for me and my dog. Raw meat is mainly chicken carcases from the butcher 11 for 15kg and supplemented with what ever I shoot.