Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blonde moments

Blonde moments

I'm sure we all have our blond moments as I've just had mine spent nearly four
    hours where it would normally take me one hour.

Just purchased a new chain for my husquvarna chainsaw as I took the side plate off I thought bugger it may as well service it while at it. Stripped down cleaned, oiled, greased and new plug etc...
    Built back up may as well run it for few seconds started as norm run as norm then stopped. Started it again stopped again, started again stopped again. Sxxt I thought whats happened now. Stripped down again checked everything twice built back up again. Started just but struggled a little, stopped. Started again well nearly stopped. Sxxt, stripped it down again everything was tight nothing damaged fuel line fine thinking incase got a bit of dust lodged in the throttle sprayed some carb cleaner then put air compressor on it. Tried to start nothing getting worse. Had a brew which stopped me from throwing it as I don't have best of patients. Checked everything pretty much again then thought got to be fuel related has to be. As I shook it in temper I heard something rattle inside, shook again rattled. Then thought something isn't right inside fuel filter may be the filter has come off in the tank best check it, opened up no bloody fuel in it.
    What a numpty, well that's a polite term I used towards myself.

So come what's yours...........

had one earlier this morning, spent 10 minutes playing with the laptop charging cable as it's wonky, trying to position it to get a connection to charge (drives me crazy)..after 10 minutes and being about to take a bite out of the screen I looked over to the wall and saw the wrong switch was on...F***KING B**TARD!!

weeman - If it ain't broke don't try and fix it.

watched avatar on my 3d tv for half an hour with the glasses on and couldnt get it to give me a decent picture it was just all fuzzy - well it helps if you switch the glasses on - my 5 year old showed me where i was going wrong lol

Weeman

That was very funny, thanks for sharing it.

F

I once realised on the start of the 4th attempt in a row to bump start my bike that I'd turned the ignition off after attempt number one to try and save what little life the battery had... And not switched it back on again for attempt 2 or 3.
    I didn't tell my two helpers who had been helping to push it up the hill and then launching me back down with increased gusto (and escalating heart rates) each time
    See my blog for - My kindly sponsored DSC1 course and chart my progress from deer virgin to stalking veteran
    AND my new puppy progress DIARY
    Blog

Re-wired a new stereo and speakers in to the 4x4.... Thought I had done a great job when it switched on and I had not electrocuted myself.... but sound was only coming out of one speaker... Checked all the connections, power supply etc , and all ok, but still no sound from one speaker.... Thought I had damaged a wire, so got the avo out, and checked the length of cable from stereo to the duff speaker, and still all ok... but no sound....

Totally frustrated, and out of ideas. My wife come out with a cuppa, says `have you checked the speaker BALANCE setting` !!!! FFS - hanged my head in shame...

All the best.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by weeman View Post
    I'm sure we all have our blond moments as I've just had mine spent nearly four
    hours where it would normally take me one hour.

Just purchased a new chain for my husquvarna chainsaw as I took the side plate off I thought bugger it may as well service it while at it. Stripped down cleaned, oiled, greased and new plug etc...
    Built back up may as well run it for few seconds started as norm run as norm then stopped. Started it again stopped again, started again stopped again. Sxxt I thought whats happened now. Stripped down again checked everything twice built back up again. Started just but struggled a little, stopped. Started again well nearly stopped. Sxxt, stripped it down again everything was tight nothing damaged fuel line fine thinking incase got a bit of dust lodged in the throttle sprayed some carb cleaner then put air compressor on it. Tried to start nothing getting worse. Had a brew which stopped me from throwing it as I don't have best of patients. Checked everything pretty much again then thought got to be fuel related has to be. As I shook it in temper I heard something rattle inside, shook again rattled. Then thought something isn't right inside fuel filter may be the filter has come off in the tank best check it, opened up no bloody fuel in it.
    What a numpty, well that's a polite term I used towards myself.

So come what's yours...........
    . Petrol instead of derv in truck, stalking with bolt still in top of cabinet! The list goes on! Saying that Holly Willoughby is one blonde moment I wouldn't mind having!

Once, many years ago, decided to change the gearbox in a Series 2 Land Rover. Old box out, covered in old oil/grease/diesel etc, new one in. Got everything connected up, but before putting the interior back together, thought it best to fire the beast up and check everything was okay. Which, predictably, it wasn't as the brute wouldn't drive. So, having removed both propshafts, and halfway through removing all the bellhousing bolts, something made me stop. And check the transfer box. Which was in NEUTRAL..........

Went stalking and told the old lab to sit and stay, crawled forward and shot the deer. Took it back to the pick up and was telling ash to get in, well I didn't know were the dog was... a 2 mile walk back to where I shot the deer and realised I forgot to shout on her, she was still sitting where I told her to sit. I won't make that mistake again.

stacey