Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: losing more ground

losing more ground

My mate texted yesterday to say one of the farms we shoot up for sell,500 acres too, the chance of new owners letting us carry on is probaly around 0%,shant have none for long, ive lost a 1000 acres over the years through land being sold.

Not nice, but if you've lost 1000, you've probably still got more than many on here...... I'm dreading the day I lose one of my permissions, but I guess if it happens, that will be time to get knocking on doors again.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

I lost another 500 acres of nice shooting about 5 years ago, I culled an old buck there one evening, somebody must of watched, rang the farm and complained about it, little did I know the farmers wife spoke to the complainer and didnt know I was managing the deer and didnt want them shot, was asked not to return, you can imagine I was bloody gutted that the farmer had not told his wife and he was having half the carcase money, what a w--ker, I watched his ground to catch him out there which didnt take long, he said I cant go against her as it would cause him no end of bother, he said just look at it that you had 2 good years shooting there and move on, I left feeling like a poacher, I could of ripped his head off and shat down his neck grrrrr, still makes me savage now

I've lost a few bits and at the time it stinks, but you then start searching for a new bit of ground which when you find it brings a bit of new variety and challenges into play. could be worse,..(not really sure how,,but probably could be..)

done same here swaro farmers wife stopped me one day said you nearly ran me off the road last week in black 4x4 , i hadnt been for five weeks i talking to her husband and he said, dont take her on shes horse mad and doesnt like shooters i had been going on for four years and i dont have a 4x4 only pigeons tho so ,c,est la vie,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 01-07-2014 at 17:59.
    DONT START

Aye been similar had all the foxing and ferreting I wanted a few years ago literally on my doorstep but new folks come in and things change :/ Tis the way of things I'm afraid
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    done same here swaro farmers wife stopped me one day said you nearly ran me off the road last week in black 4x4 , i hadnt been for five weeks i talking to her husband and he said, dont take her on shes horse mad and doesnt like shooters i had been going on for four years and i dont have a 4x4 only pigeons tho so ,sei la vie,
    thank god it wasn't c'est la vie! now that would have been bad

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    sorry, pint of carlsberg in me and i can't help it..

I lost all mine in one hour due to a so called pal and his london cash cows with 50 notes