Thread: Coincidence or what !

Coincidence or what !

I have heard noises in my back garden at night for quite some time.
    I know we have been visited by Geese, Swans, Hedgehogs, Snakes, Roe, Cats, Dogs and recently a very big rat, so big that I thought initially that it might have been an escaped pet.
    So I bought a trail camera.
    It took me a long time to get the hang of it as it turns out it has more functions than I realised and therefore more technical.
    I now have the hang of it, to a degree, and had it set ready for me to put it in a suitable position in the garden ready for any night action.
    I was getting it set and ready for the night when I heard a heck of a racket and turned round to find my pet dog with the bl****y great rat in it's mouth still alive and wriggling.
    I shouted and put my hand down to take it from our pet dog when - oh no ! not that easy ! crunch and then she dropped it dead !!
    However I still set the camera up but since then all it has captured during the night is two different cats, two of my wife's ornamental windmills spinning round and as soon as daylight comes, pigeons, crows and jackdaws, not a sign of a rat at all.
    I was so looking forward to catching some action of the rat so if anybody has a spare one they could lend me, I'd be grateful but don't let my wife know !!!
    Oh I nearly forgot, My wife doesn't like rats and the dog is her pet so I reckon they may have colluded !!

put a bird feeder out you will see rats!queing up at the bottom of it,
    DONT START

Or offer a hand made shotgun on here of some value and watch them tell you its overpriced??

or no platetoo late hes gonenever mind he will come back around in a bit,
    Last edited by AN DU RU FOX; 01-07-2014 at 21:35.
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    put a bird feeder out you will see rats!queing up at the bottom of it,
    I've got a bird table and an air rifle, it's funny how the magpies know they are not welcome. they didn't at first but they do now ;-)
    No, the rats don't seem to be attracted to the bird table but they do get under my shed - well they did !!

Hi Eddie
    Last time we went out with the terriers we had nearly 300 so let me know how many you want

Quote Originally Posted by geordieh View Post
    Hi Eddie
    Last time we went out with the terriers we had nearly 300 so let me know how many you want
    Whoa !
    I was only after a half tame big one for a photo shoot as I went to so much trouble getting the trail camera !
    But thank you for your kind offer Sir ;-)
    PS. new bottle on the way thanks to you, old bottle ready for disposal !! thanks again.