Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Factory ammo prices. How bad is it for you?

Factory ammo prices. How bad is it for you?

Here is the priciest factory ammo I've seen so far and yes they are priced per box of 20. ($533 per box at today's US dollar to UK pound exchange rate)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P  ricey.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	44056

I reload. Thank goodness.

How bad are factory prices where you are?

~60 a box for 20 Federal Power Shok in 7mm-08, but I've moved on. Even if you have the money, there's no guarantee of availability. Of course that price probably included "London Premium".

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    ~60 a box for 20 Federal Power Shok in 7mm-08, but I've moved on. Even if you have the money, there's no guarantee of availability. Of course that price probably included "London Premium".
    Holy mother of god that's exorbitant! Even the posh Federal V shock with Nosler BTs is 43-48 around here.

Yes, but it isn't exactly a mass produced calibre. Not many of us buy 550gr. solids.

David.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    exchange rate what exchange rate. they change the $ to a and add some more for good measure and have a chuckle when we pay the price and leave the shop.

bob
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by Pine Marten View Post
    $21.00 / box for 7mm-08 Federal Power Shok at Academy Sports, on sale from $26.00 USD.

Hornady discontinued the Custom line and seems to have just repackaged it as the Whitetail line, with about a $7.00 price jump, to $29.00 a box of 20.

I can still find deals on common Remington Core Lokt, like .308 165-gr for $16.99, which I will buy.
    Core Lokt .303 is up to $30.00 a box. Good thing I stocked up on S&B at $7.00 a box long ago, bought the RN bullets and reload.

Right now, about the only ammo I buy is to see how a new bullet works in my rifles, before buying a box of bullets, or for one of my newer cranky cartridges, where I can buy the ammo cheaper than the brass, like 7x67R or 7x64 Sellier & Bellot for $21.00 or Prvi for $17.00.

Given the lack of Fed Power Shok I have just picked up a box of Norma 243 SP to try at 36. I know they are good.

Quote Originally Posted by SL6.5 View Post
    Here is the priciest factory ammo I've seen so far and yes they are priced per box of 20. ($533 per box at today's US dollar to UK pound exchange rate)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P  ricey.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	44056

I reload. Thank goodnes
    How bad are factory prices where you are?
    what are they .500 nitro express ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta cocker View Post
    Nope, .470NE, it says so on the label.

Quote Originally Posted by Beretta cocker View Post

No, .470 nitro express.......

pine martin types faster than me...!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink