Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Been stung by a SD member...

Been stung by a SD member...

I bought a pair of binos from Deanandrew64 which were advertised as mint http://www.thestalkingdirectory.co.u...-42-binoculars and he said will be posted 1st class as i nedeed the for the weekend coming.
    I paid by bank transfer last Monday and they turned up this Monday , with a big fat 2nd class stamp on the box. I gave the man the benefit of the doubt, but after opening the parcel and checking the binos, i was speechless when i found that both lenses are scratched and full of dust and sand. I have taken pictures straight away and sent them to the seller but he refuses to accept any liability even after i sent him and a 3rd party,at his request, pictures with the box and binos serial number. I asked him to take the binos back and refund me, or to compensate me for the damage and i'll keep them. He refused and started threatening with solicitors and constabulary and all sort of nonsense.
    This is what i've found :

Stay away from this member !

Have you spoke to a site moderator about this matter to see if they can offer advice.

Quote Originally Posted by casper View Post
    Have you spoke to a site moderator about this matter to see if they can offer advice.
    I have, is nothing they can do about it....

Did you not see a picture of the binos first ??

Not a nice thing to happen mty , as for him getting the police have you said anything to make him do this apart from getting angry as anyone would! i think you need to get someone involved !!!on your part CCJ will be enough to ring bells on renewal as an untrustworthy holder of a cert , but as you paid BT don't think you have no rights there i believe (might be wrong) i just don't know why chaps do this type of thing ???

not nice not big not clever
    maybe the other side may wish to give his side as to why they could now be damaged !! being a devils advocate their may be a reason we don't know sorry

Is the seller saying you scratched the binoculars or is he just not interested to engage in conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by Stingercargill View Post
    Did you not see a picture of the binos first ??
    I did, but there was no pictures of the lenses

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    Not a nice thing to happen mty , as for him getting the police have you said anything to make him do this apart from getting angry as anyone would! i think you need to get someone involved !!!on your part CCJ will be enough to ring bells on renewal as an untrustworthy holder of a cert , but as you paid BT don't think you have no rights there i believe (might be wrong) i just don't know why chaps do this type of thing ???

not nice not big not clever
    maybe the other side may wish to give his side as to why they could now be damaged !! being a devils advocate their may be a reason we don't know sorry
    I wasn't angry, i was polite and confident will get the things sorted out without any problem but he said he is not happy and will pass the matter to a solicitor and ask advice from the local constabulary....

Quote Originally Posted by Psyxologos View Post
    Is the seller saying you scratched the binoculars or is he just not interested to engage in conversation?
    After i sent him the pics (the same one i posted here and a few more) he said i dropped the binos as he can see i don't know what dent... if you drop them, you don't scratch the lenses...

The scratch lookS like they are wipe scratches to me mty not a drop! drop would chip them or just smash the coating has been scratch in an ark and you did say they have sand in the cups . tell him to get his solicitor to fight the CCJ 80 odd from your side then at least he won't get to spend your cash .
    i drove to skegness to get my goods back after i was almost shafted a wee while ago . funny how chap forget they have given their address over .

on the other hand were the bino's that cheap that you could just have them sorted and serviced and move on from this post he prob wont get to sell on the site again
    wish you luck in your ventures

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    on the other hand were the bino's that cheap that you could just have them sorted and serviced and move on from this post he prob wont get to sell on the site again
    wish you luck in your ventures
    Scratches are not covered by the waranty and looks like is an expensive job...

Been there done got the t shirt and the static dust inside a so say immaculate condition mk4 leupold, one bitten