Thread: Toyota Hilux 15 inch wheels

Toyota Hilux 15 inch wheels

Information please/ advice
    I have had a Toyota Hilux and am getting ready to fit two new tyres (nail in the shoulder of one) as it has 15 inch wheels was wondering what you all suggest make, pattern etc. I don't do many miles now so lean towards more open tread but need the load capacity
    Current tyres front Brigestone duellers 689, 255/70R15 108s rear Dunlop Grantrek replacing bridgestone and moving DG to front as still plenty of life in them

Quote Originally Posted by Norfolk Horn View Post
    Information please/ advice
    I have had a Toyota Hilux and am getting ready to fit two new tyres (nail in the shoulder of one) as it has 15 inch wheels was wondering what you all suggest make, pattern etc. I don't do many miles now so lean towards more open tread but need the load capacity
    Current tyres front Brigestone duellers 689, 255/70R15 108s rear Dunlop Grantrek replacing bridgestone and moving DG to front as still plenty of life in them
    I would fit BF Goodridge All Terrains, I reckon they are the best balance of good off road / decent road manners.

Yes great tyre I understand but on checking out the BF Goodridge web site they don't do them in 15 inch which is the problem I am having. But thanks for the input

Yes great tyre I understand but on checking out the BF Goodridge web site they don't do them in 15 inch which is the problem I am having. But thanks for the input
    31x10.5 AT 15'' on my Hilux if that's any help, only bought them recently, but i have them fitted all around.
    Cheers
    Richard

Thanks for that , you learn something every day, what make of tyre are they please, are your fitted on the alloy wheels? My truck is the vx twin cab

Quote Originally Posted by lincolnjefferies View Post
    I would fit BF Goodridge All Terrains, I reckon they are the best balance of good off road / decent road manners.
    I agree, they are expensive but unbeatable wear characteristics and great traction.
    Quiet on road as well.

In fact my Brother recently sent me a link to a guy who was claiming a world record after getting 120,000 miles out of a set of BFG Goodrich AT on his Landy Defender.
    Last edited by Cadex; 05-07-2014 at 08:30.

Thanks for that , you learn something every day, what make of tyre are they please, are your fitted on the alloy wheels? My truck is the vx twin cab
    BF Goodrich on alloy wheels.

Cheers
    Richard

Thanks for the input to date, most helpful, any one had /used Coopers or any of the others makes or is it BF Goodrich

Now been offered Yokohama Geolander A/T-S G012 anyone used thes

Thanks
    Last edited by Norfolk Horn; 10-07-2014 at 13:24.