Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bore sighters are they any good ??

Bore sighters are they any good ??

As the title says !

Looking to get one, I just swapped my scope over to send one away and instead of traveling out to my permission to waste bullets I thought I would get myself one.

So just asking if they are any use.

you're still going to need to fine tune & check for zero after bore sighting it. i personally wouldn't bother with one.
    callum ferguson builds my rifles, because he is the best and i'm worth it....

Must say i have never found one that was as good just to get you on the page as your eyeball bore sighted , had a bushnell waste of cash the i spent on it ! , i could have just shot at the target and been better off ! lasers just a tad better to aline scope to paper then shoot a group and go from there mty , if you said 2 a bang ? you still would be in pocket and have had some trigger time

Quote Originally Posted by nowler View Post
    you're still going to need to fine tune & check for zero after bore sighting it. i personally wouldn't bother with one.
    +1 Bolt out, sight through barrel onto a distant mark, carefully adjust windage and elevation without moving the rifle and that should get you on paper at 50 yds or metres. Thats all a boresighter can do?

remove bolt put up a target sight through adjust scope to match ,next time your out fine tune,done i did mine in ten minutes the other day thanks to the chap above,atb doug, cheers paul,o
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by blaven View Post
    +1 Bolt out, sight through barrel onto a distant mark, carefully adjust windage and elevation without moving the rifle and that should get you on paper at 50 yds or metres. Thats all a boresighter can do?
    +1 I just zeroed my new A7 last Saturday, after eye bore sighted at 25 yds. First shot landed 1'' to the left of the bulseye at 100m... Save your hard earned cash and buy something else instead...

Thank you all I need to know

prefer the trigger time

Waste of money. I bought a Deben and gave up after chasing a grid point.

Another tip. Put a de-primed case in the chamber and look through the flash hole, helps to align the chamber to muzzle, especially so in the larger bore stuff (.444 etc)
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    i bore sight as above with the bolt out at 35 yards in the garden,

i then check fire on the range and adjust from there.

save your cash and have a few beers after a good days shootinmg

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube