Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annealing brass (homebrew)

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)

Annealing brass (homebrew)

ok lads.

anyone made there own annealing wheel thing.

I have a few more days off work with the recovery after the op so was thinking of making an annealing machine.

I have the burner that i used with the drill and a socket but was wanting to try and make something a bit more tecky like. more for the fun of it than the end result.

cheers

bob.

photos and a list of what you used as well as where you got the bits from etc.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

try'd to bob got to the hole drilling and round welded pipe out of 1/4 gas pipe then my mate got the real thing from the states so i just give them to him lol,
    think it would have worked no real pain in making it .i will send you the drill bit if you wish as you have the time at the mo, 2 foot 1/4" cooker feed pipe a 1/4 drill a brazing rod welding gear for 20 sec to weld the pipe back on/in its self and a plumbers gas burner some rubber flex to join them as one and your away, oh a stand to rest it on coat , hanger bent around a bit and fixed to the bench saves burning it , flat tin lid water sorted diy .
    paul

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    try'd to bob got to the hole drilling and round welded pipe out of 1/4 gas pipe then my mate got the real thing from the states so i just give them to him lol,
    think it would have worked no real pain in making it .i will send you the drill bit if you wish as you have the time at the mo, 2 foot 1/4" cooker feed pipe a 1/4 drill a brazing rod welding gear for 20 sec to weld the pipe back on/in its self and a plumbers gas burner some rubber flex to join them as one and your away, oh a stand to rest it on coat , hanger bent around a bit and fixed to the bench saves burning it , flat tin lid water sorted diy .
    paul
    hi Paul

that sounds good. ill keep in touch,

I would like to know what anyone else has done, i was going to send mune to spud but i think its time to have a go !

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Blog Entries
    anyone.

Bob, a few of the guys on ukv have made them, you should ask there

Blog Entries
    found a few ideas on google so when im up and about later this coming week,,, watch this space.

and if you live locally i had nothing to do with the missing window wiper motors

bob.

with my diy skills i would end up with a pile of brass in the corner of a fire damaged room but i'll watch your progress.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by triggersqueezer View Post
    with my diy skills i would end up with a pile of brass in the corner of a fire damaged room but i'll watch your progress.
    hi tq.
    I hope to have a old 12volt black and decker drill as the power unit.and im now after some other bits.but ill do better when up and about.

bob

are you very lazy or been poorley ? i have seen a home made one using a wiper motor.at present i'm using a drill and blow torch and looking for colour change in each round .some say this is not the way as they all end up different but they are shooting ok so far.

Quote Originally Posted by triggersqueezer View Post
    are you very lazy or been poorley ? i have seen a home made one using a wiper motor.at present i'm using a drill and blow torch and looking for colour change in each round .some say this is not the way as they all end up different but they are shooting ok so far.
    Yes they may be shooting ok but what do you class as ok

a consitantly annealed brass compared to the last one and first one will always react better to a more randomly annealed one
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class