Thread: Thompson Center .22 Hornet Encore

Thompson Center .22 Hornet Encore

I have just acquired two Thompson Center single shot rifles. One a .22 hornet Encore and one a .223 Contender G2. Both are great rifles but the trigger pull is heavy (about 5-6lb) and thus affects accuracy. Is there such a thing as a kit to reduced the pull or would it be better to take them to a Gunsmith? Is it an easy job (for a gunsmith) and doe's anyone know the approximate price?. I am based in Lancashire, England.

Quote Originally Posted by courser View Post
    I have just acquired two Thompson Center single shot rifles. One a .22 hornet Encore and one a .223 Contender G2. Both are great rifles but the trigger pull is heavy (about 5-6lb) and thus affects accuracy. Is there such a thing as a kit to reduced the pull or would it be better to take them to a Gunsmith? Is it an easy job (for a gunsmith) and doe's anyone know the approximate price?. I am based in Lancashire, England.
    Found this
    TC Encore and G2 Spring Kits

That's why I like the G1 Contenders: Adjustable triggers! I'm surprised the G2 aren't~Muir

Thanks all, They have a kit at Bellem TC in the states but I have no idea if I can buy one in the normal manner. Would I order one using Paypal or would I have some problems with customs?

How To Order Parts & Tools
    Pah! The Link broke. I pasted it for you.~Muir

Shipments To Other Countries:
    We do ship SMALL PARTs orders to other countries. International restrictions are stocks, barrels, and potentially others. We will notify you and refund the part of the shipment that we can not send.

Our shopping cart can not be programmed to adjust for the cost to ship to your individual country. Therefore, to reduce the cost for shipping to other countries, all orders will go first class USPS unless you select additional shipping options below. We also MUST RESERVE the right to bill you for additional shipping charges should there be any. Often times we can not determine the total cost to ship to your country until we return from the post office. The cost of customs is your responsibility. We support our international customers and will continue to ship to other countries so long as possible.

Note that we have no way to track such shipments, no insurance is available, you order at your own risk, and delivery is often delayed by customs. Allow at least 2-3 weeks for delivery.
    Last edited by Muir; 08-07-2014 at 03:51.

When I nearly bought one I had contacted Bellam and was told no problem with posting to the uk.

Neil