Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Arrows.

Red Arrows.

They seem to be turning up to the opening of an envelope and with a 1billion shortfall in the RAF budget and its all been seen since the war i want them parked up NOW.
    Pilot and public safety never mind the repetitive formations signals the end??

Well ain't you just one happy bunny.

With Red Arrows displays over adjacent mainland towns and cities the Isle of Wight frequently benefits from seeing the Red Arrows , they even did a spectacular turn over the ploughing match a few years ago.

atb Tim

Quote Originally Posted by RED-DOT View Post
    They seem to be turning up to the opening of an envelope and with a 1billion shortfall in the RAF budget and its all been seen since the war i want them parked up NOW.
    Pilot and public safety never mind the repetitive formations signals the end??
    Very short sighted POV...the revenue generated for local business can only be good when they do their displays. Not only that, they are the best at what they do because they actually get out and perform.

Still, being the happy bunny that you are perhaps you can have your own Airforce display team soon, that way your rant might just be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager SA View Post
    Very short sighted POV...the revenue generated for local business can only be good when they do their displays. Not only that, they are the best at what they do because they actually get out and perform.

Still, being the happy bunny that you are perhaps you can have your own Airforce display team soon, that way your rant might just be worth it.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Never mind Red Dot after September you won't have to worry about them. Perhaps Scotland will form a tartan arrows display team using a couple of hang gliders or they may be able to conjure up a flight of tiger moths from their front line fighter force.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Never mind Red Dot after September you won't have to worry about them. Perhaps Scotland will form a tartan arrows display team using a couple of hang gliders or they may be able to conjure up a flight of tiger moths from their front line fighter force.

No member of the public has ever been injured by a Red Arrows display, They are all operational Pilots and the training with the Red Arrows only improves their skills. They also have to keep their flying hours up to date even if the Red Arrows was disbanded. It is also good PR for the Forces.
    If you want money saving then stop paying "BENEFITS" for being unemployed. Rather than have a go at People serving their Country and putting something in to society rather than taking it.

IDont Believe It ! I See them a fair bit my way going back and forth from shows and when in lincs love seeing them and we had the Vulcan over for an hour this week which was fantastic especially as a work colleague was a mechanic on the actual one when it was in service .RD you really do a great impression of mr meldrew and I'm kinda warming to you because of that but on this occasion I'd have to disagree ,as I type it sounds like the blades (ex-red arrow pilots ) are up from sywell having a practice noisy but nice !
    Norma
    Last edited by norma 308; 05-07-2014 at 13:04.

I presume maybe rightly or wrongly that Red Dot was referring to the flypast at the naming ceremony of the Queen Elizabeth? Nice to see that we will finally have a proper aircraft carrier again at some time in the future, and not a through deck cruiser as the last batch of pygmy carriers were originally classified. Just a matter of scraping together another couple of billion pounds and getting a couple of aircraft to fit on it now.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.