Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UK Importer's Website for new 'Reload Swiss' powders now live

UK Importer's Website for new 'Reload Swiss' powders now live

The GB outlet for the 'Reload Swiss' (Nitrochemie manufactured) powders range has got its website going, at the moment really on a 'watch this space' basis with promotional video, plus a sign-up to news facility for you to be advised of things as they unfold.

http://www.propellants.co.uk/

This is Nigel Cole-Hawkins of TR140 / Elcho 17 repute, recently appointed as the UK distributor and now beavering away setting up a retail network and commissioning load development / pressure testing. (The existing Swiss loads data is very thin and in the case of many popular cartridges actually non-existent, so this is a near start from scratch job.)

Nigel Cole-Hawkins expects these powders to be in the shops by late summer or early autumn.

I was in John Carmichaels place at Bisley last weekend Laurie, he also stocks RL Swiss powders..

Which grades do they have now? - I want some of their slow burning offerings to play with for 100 grain 243.
    I may be up near Bisley in the next day or so - I'd certainly make the trip if I knew there was some there!
    I've sent a message to Nigel - but not received an answer yet!

Ian

Hi Laurie,

I'm unfamiliar with this range and their distributor.

Is the attraction here availability, price, or the buzz -and hopefully not the KB- of loading powders without comprehensive data?

Not judging... just curious.
    "Docendo discimus" - Seneca the Younger (c. 4 BC – 65 AD)
    “Comodidad, tranquilidad y buena alimentacion” - A Spanish recipe for contentment that oddly omits hunting.
    "I'm off to spend some time at the top of the food chain..." - (after) Tulloch
    "Oh [dear], they probably heard that in the village!" - RickoShay

There were a couple of retailers selling the powder at the recent Phoenix meeting in addition to TR140 and Elcho that has been imported for a couple of years now. I didn't look closely at which actual powders in the range were being offered as I was after a replenishment of TR140.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

If this is as good as it sounds all we need to follow is a manufacturer making a good range of bullets, along with other manufacturers this side of the pond we can say to them over there 'stick it'.
    I'll certainly be trying it if applicable to my rifles.
    Only problem I see at present is on their web site where a good proportion of the most popular calibre's in the UK are not catered for. Looks as if its the continental calibre's only.
    Until this problem is sorted then it could be a non-starter for many UK home-loaders.
    Last edited by billh; 06-07-2014 at 10:24. Reason: Added info

Availability is the key and the means to distribute it without ramping up the cost. On the south coast not many places stock powder and when there is some you often do not have a choice, so you either make do with a less than perfect powder for your set up or have it shipped at extortionate cost.

If it is a good powder (it won't have to be perfect, just good enough) and readily available then I for one I will switch to it.
    .243 Weatherby Vanguard Synth /.223 BRNO CZ527 Synthetic
    .22LR CZ 455 Synth / 12G Stoeger 2000 / 12G U/O Bettinsoli
    12G Zoli SBS / .410 unknown Italian

i've used h380, h414, varget, vit140, tr140 and have decided that cheapest is best because the more you shoot the better you get

Quote Originally Posted by billh View Post
    If this is as good as it sounds all we need to follow is a manufacturer making a good range of bullets, along with other manufacturers this side of the pond we can say to them over there 'stick it'.
    I'll certainly be trying it if applicable to my rifles.
    Only problem I see at present is on their web site where a good proportion of the most popular calibre's in the UK are not catered for. Looks as if its the continental calibre's only.
    Until this problem is sorted then it could be a non-starter for many UK home-loaders.
    I've been droning on for years Bill that's its not the lack of European manufacturers that the problem but one of distribution, caused mainly by the dominance of the big two importers in the U.K. totally dominating the market with their mainly U.S. products. Also the reluctance of many shooter to try unfamiliar products. This can partly be because of a language problem due to many U.K. shooters only reading U.S. magazines and books and taking in a lot of the marketing hype.
    Last edited by 8x57; 06-07-2014 at 10:57.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

all I want to know is where is the best deal for 10kg of tr140?