Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Which 308 factory ammo.

Which 308 factory ammo.

Hello fellas, n ladies, I've just bought a Sako A2 308,can anyone advise me which 150g <> factory ammo plz. Rgds. Andrew.

I would see what is easily available locally, and try it to see how your rifle likes it, then stick with it personally. Thought I'd done this sticking with federal ammo for the past few years, but have now been told it won't be available for 2 years...... Now starting again with hornady. They will all do the job at the killing end really, just find one that shoots consistently that you can buy again and again.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

PPUs work great for me in 308 and 243 but it is what your rifle likes.

I have used Federal normally but for stalking any factory ammo will run through a 308 and be accurate enough. I know that is not much help but try what you can get.
    I can recommend RWS and SAKO as both very good in my Varberger.

Sako super hammerhead or norma for me!

Any A2 owners on sight, that use factory ammo? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Rgds Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Highseat View Post
    Hello fellas, n ladies, I've just bought a Sako A2 308,can anyone advise me which 150g <> factory ammo plz. Rgds. Andrew.
    Andrew.

I bought some Federal Power Shok last week for 26 a box. However, I suggest you buy a selection of what's available locally and see what your rifle likes under your cleaning regime.

Regards

JCS

Quote Originally Posted by Highseat View Post
    Any A2 owners on sight, that use factory ammo? Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Rgds Andrew.
    Why - its not relevant what the rifle make or model is every rifle will shoot differently.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

T'is post like this that makes one wonder and the low thresh hold of knowledge of most new rifle owners ............................... it also begs the question as the just how knowledgeable the RFD's whom have sold the new shooters the rifles .................................. does it not?

How many times does this really daft question have to be asked on these forums alone?

shoot ppu, it's at the right price and deer don't know the difference, only the rfd's wallet will