Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Dublin, any advise

Moving to Dublin, any advise

High probability I will have to move with the family from London to Dublin next year, due to work.
    Naturally my first thoughts were around my rifles + shotgun (243, 17HMR and 12bore).
    Does anyone know what I would need to do re licenses and moving them to Ireland. assume I will have to reapply etc...

monday morning call to your feo is the best thing you can do

Quote Originally Posted by blaire View Post
    High probability I will have to move with the family from London to Dublin next year, due to work.
    Naturally my first thoughts were around my rifles + shotgun (243, 17HMR and 12bore).
    Does anyone know what I would need to do re licenses and moving them to Ireland. assume I will have to reapply etc...
    What do you mean re-apply, Dublin is a different country with different laws. Contact the Garda in Dublin and ask them it's highly unlikely that your FEO will know what the situation is in Ireland.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

If you no longer have a place of residence in 'England' you will most likely have to give up your FAC. (when it comes up for renewal?!!)

some good irish lads on here will let you know whats what, cz user in hes in antrim
    DONT START

Quote Originally Posted by AN DU RU FOX View Post
    some good irish lads on here will let you know whats what, cz user in hes in antrim
    Antrim is North of the border, so under UK Law, not Irish Republic

OP - Have a read of the following (the joys of Google):
    http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/cp/ireland
    Last edited by I. Farticus; 06-07-2014 at 15:05.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)

Thanks. I will make some enquiries. I guess I will have to give up my FAC here as it will be a different country. Will be moving into rental accommodation as well so am sure any more pitfalls on storage etc to come.
    Has to be done though

Quote Originally Posted by I. Farticus View Post
    Antrim is North of the border, so under UK Law, not Irish Republic

OP - Have a read of the following (the joys of Google):
    http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/region/cp/ireland
    i know i just thought they would have more of a clue,good luck mate
    DONT START

Appreciate the feedback

Cead mile failte go dti Baile Atha cliath! No problem with licencing your firearms in the Republic. Each firearm has its own licence. You apply for a three year licence from the Gardai(police). In order to get your shotgun and .17 HMR you will need proof of landowners permissions or join a gun club. Ireland is different to the UK in that most game shooting takes place through gun clubs which have permission to shoot game over an area, usually based on a parish system. You join the club then apply for your licence.

The .243 is slightly different in that in order to have it for deer stalking, you must first possess a state issued deer hunting licence, which is free. However in order to get the hunting licence you must have access to land that has deer present on it. Roughly a couple of hundred acres will suffice, once you have your hunting licence, you can apply for a firearms licence. All application forms for firearms licence is on Homepage of An Garda SÃ*ochána
    Hunting licence National Parks Wildlife Service Gun clubs National Association of Regional Game Councils