Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSC 1: 9/10 August Moray Stalking School

DSC 1: 9/10 August Moray Stalking School

Ok, now I have taken a step further and paid deposit for the 9/10th August DSC 1 course with Moray Stalking School.

One of the club members has spoken good words about Andy and John at school.

Now just hope to get my time for studies etc amongst n number of other things flying around.

If anybody doing the course same time, let us get in touch and compare notes, if you wish too.

Regards
    Sid.
    Last edited by mauser1905; 06-07-2014 at 21:49. Reason: Typo

Good luck Sid!
    I'm brand new to stalking and have the DSC1 with same school this weekend.
    There's a lot to learn!
    Cheers
    Jim

Good luck Jim.
    Thanks for dropping by.
    Let us know how it goes.
    Regards

Sid/Jim

Thank you for posting guys.

The fact that we know exactly where Jim lives, should not in anyway influence his full and honest report of how utterly fantastic this coming weekend is going to be...
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Ahem.

Of course I'll be delighted to do so.

Seriously - The course manual has been first class, and SNH best practice guides well worth 15 squid. For me, the two worked well with the online tests.

Or at least I think they've worked well - I guess we'll see at the weekend!

Well that's the DSC1 done then!
    Fingers crossed, but looks like a good result.
    StalkingSchool/ Moray Outfitting in Aberlour were first class - as a complete novice, everything from the pre-course prep and materials, support during revision, then coaching and facilities for the practicals and tests were well above my expectations. I'm new to stalking, but been involved in competence based training for industry for the last 25 years, and these guys were outstanding.
    John/ Andy, I feel like my objective of a solid grounding to start my stalking career off with has been more than achieved. Really appreciate all your help.
    If anyone is considering DSC1, you won't go far wrong with these guys.
    And as the big Austrian said 'I'll be back....'
    Cheers
    Jim

Well done and glad to know positive feedback. Great.

Jim

Per other thread - comments much appreciated; especially as I'd forgotten to give you the envelope full of cash and with the pre scripted post in it...

Ultimately, we just 'polish' all the effort that goes in ahead of the course - and it was obvious you had put the hours in. Very glad you enjoyed it.

As discussed, whether coming back to us for anything or not, the course doesn't stop at the weekend - if we can help with anything just shout.
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Ok thats me done with DSC1. Hopefully all goes well and cert gets posted.
    The training was first class. You never stop learning and especially about being safe shot and more you learn about your quarry more respect I generate for it. I vouch what Jim has said good things about Stalking School/Moray Outfitting based on my personal experience.
    I must now get more prepared for the midgies.
    Thanks to John and Andy for their help and support during training and course. Online question bank was really useful.
    Glad to have been to Stalking School for DSC1.
    Regards
    Sid.

hey guys,glad I came across this thread.

I am wanting to book for my dsc1 and 2 with Moray.

Im an absolute beginner,this is my second season as pony ghillie and I got my first beast last year and Iv got to say it made me realise what I wanted to do with myself.

What are you guys going for ,first riflewise and do you need to have your firearms before you do yur courses?

What do you guys do for a living?

BigTom