Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: stolen quad bike central Scotland

stolen quad bike central Scotland

I had a Honda foreman quad stolen from the farm today with an atv trailer on the back of it. I had just been using it and was only 20 yards away from it over the fence when I heard it start. I ran and jumped the fence and was 5 yards off him as he sped away. I later heard from a policeman friend that a quad bike had been reported going along the m8 motorway which our farm borders onto.

Can I ask that anyone round the west lothian area and particularly the whitburn area keep their eyes open for either the trailer or quad.

It's a reminder that you can never let your guard down when there's scumbags about.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave88 View Post
    I had a Honda foreman quad stolen from the farm today with an atv trailer on the back of it. I had just been using it and was only 20 yards away from it over the fence when I heard it start. I ran and jumped the fence and was 5 yards off him as he sped away. I later heard from a policeman friend that a quad bike had been reported going along the m8 motorway which our farm borders onto.

Can I ask that anyone round the west lothian area and particularly the whitburn area keep their eyes open for either the trailer or quad.

It's a reminder that you can never let your guard down when there's scumbags about.

Dave
    Sorry to hear that mate its quite common in southlanarkshire. We had out bike stolen about 5 years ago. We hear about quads getting stolen in this area every other weak.Its not what you want to hear but there is a very slim chance you will see it again.

Kind regards kev
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Thanks Kev. Its not the losing of the quad that bothers me its more the fact the he had the cheek to come right into the farm with no one noticing and stole it when I was 20 yards away.

We've actually managed to track him down to the street he's went into in Livingston. We got reports of him bragging to kids that he'd stole it and was driving down the m8. He couldn't have went to a worse town as we have a lot of family and friends in Livingston. I played rugby in the part of Livingston he's drove into so we have a lot of people looking out for him. Its amazing how fast news can travel on social media. Stay tuned for updates...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave88 View Post
    Thanks Kev. Its not the losing of the quad that bothers me its more the fact the he had the cheek to come right into the farm with no one noticing and stole it when I was 20 yards away.

We've actually managed to track him down to the street he's went into in Livingston. We got reports of him bragging to kids that he'd stole it and was driving down the m8. He couldn't have went to a worse town as we have a lot of family and friends in Livingston. I played rugby in the part of Livingston he's drove into so we have a lot of people looking out for him. Its amazing how fast news can travel on social media. Stay tuned for updates...
    Its half the battle when you no where its went. I hope you get it back or at least get him. Best of luck.

Regards kev.
    History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

sounds more like a complete wee crackpot pr1ck than any form of organised theft...hope you find out who's got it,,bring the baseball bat!

I believe Robin Miller at Ormiston Mains had a bike stolen exactly the same. Left it for 5 mins and it was gone. A mountain bike was left in its place.

The neighbour of a friend near Gargunnock had two quad bikes stolen last night.
    The friend on hill farm had a chain cut on a shed but there was nothing in the shed.
    Seems like nothing is safe.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

I had bother when I was night lambing off the A68, 2 lambing sheds fully lit and the radio on and they were trying to take the trailer off the bike and when they realised they couldn't do that they tried to get into my car, was on the phone to the farmer as I was there myself while his wife phoned the police. Myself and the farmer got the reg of the car but apparently they told the police they had been at a boxing match in newcastle and that the 2 guys had to have a pee haha I couldn't believe it.
    Got the sniffer dogs an hour later and they were wanting to let the Alsatian into the lambing shed and were complaining that there were stock in the field. Took about 2hrs to give my statement as I had a knife in my pocket and they wanted to know why etc...
    The police stayed with me until about 6am as they were worried incase the 2 guys came back with me there on my own.

stacey

Did they check the bike and car for fingerprints?.
    That would have knocked a hole in their pee excuse.
    "Don't say I didnae warn ye !"

They were going to but they decided it was a long drive for no guarantee of any result. The sniffer dog handler was about as much good as nothing, he asked if I could ID the person, I said no so he replied he can't let the dog off the lead incase it bit an innocent person in the wood at 2.30am. But I was told that there was evidence of them sitting behind the shed for a while!!! so they must have been watching for their best shot.
    I just couldn't believe that the guys tried steal the bike and my car with all the shed lights on and radio on quite loud. Oh the police got lost finding the farm as well.

stacey