Thread: Hello from Chelmsford, Turkey

Hello from Chelmsford, Turkey

hi,
    I am originally from Turkey but living here for last 3 years , working as a developer in a IT company as well as represent a wild boar stalking company in Turkey
    I have been shooting birds and wild boar for many years with shotguns in turkey, now moved here i would like to use this opportunity to learn more about deer stalking and hopefully get my first rifle and go stalking.
    I am member of Chelmsford 1944 rifle club and just passed my dsc1 course (waiting for the paper work still), so i hope there is no excuse for Essex police to stop me having FAC. but who knows?

As I am new in this country i would like to meet other members and hopefully learn valuable information from them in terms of ballistics, scopes and where to stalk. In the mean time happy to answer any questions you may have in terms of wild boar hunting ,as i know a little about it.
    Thank you very much.

Welcome to the forum ytokoz!

Welcome aboard, ask away any questions you may have, deerwarden

wellcome to the site, doug,
    DONT START

Hi and welcome, if your paperwork is in for your FAC, you will find it could take a while to process. The figures quoted on their website are well out, so I hope you have some patience.
    Being a club member and having your DSC1 should make things easier.

Welcome to the site, watch the advertising though

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Welcome feller also shoot for chelm 44 what section are you in.

paul o'

hi paul, i go every tuesday night. i dont know much about other sections yet, i have been told to come on tuesdays, but i would like to find more about other sections please. have you seen the wild boar tusks in the club next to the trophies? i shoot them with a shotgun when i was in turkey 2 months a go.

Hi and welcome

Neil

hi feller get hold and get in phil cox section, he sorts out the running deer and bisley shooting he's a bit of a hen but good around chap. i don't pay subs ? you could say they wheel me in at comps and i don't or wish to pay subs to a club as i don't need to have a club to hold my rifles etc. see you on the range some day feller. one of my pals are the chairman the other is the friday night section captain.

Quote Originally Posted by ytokgoz View Post
    hi paul, i go every tuesday night. i dont know much about other sections yet, i have been told to come on tuesdays, but i would like to find more about other sections please. have you seen the wild boar tusks in the club next to the trophies? i shoot them with a shotgun when i was in turkey 2 months a go.