Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Log splitter

Log splitter

Hi folkes. I have managed to get my hands on a load of beach for my log burner and am on the look out for a splitter because i cant be assed splitting it by hand lol. If anyone knows of one for sale could you let me know please.

Cheers allan

I have access to a supply of hydraulic splitters run from the three point linkage off a tractor.
    PM sent.

hi Allan I have a petrol 10 ton press splitter that I hire out if you are interested give me a call 07831096697,

BEECH NICE burning timber that, still using the MAUL That way same wood heats you twice sure is a pain ass though
    Last edited by 49ERIC; 14-07-2014 at 21:53.

AlanG051 - do you have a mate or 2 who also need logsplitting?

I went halves on a Titan Pro on ebay. Cost us 75 each and so far has split about 30 cubic metres of sawn rounds (up to 30" diameter) in 3 years.

Every time we use it we praise it as the "best bit of kit we ever bought".
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

Quote Originally Posted by charadam View Post
    AlanG051 - do you have a mate or 2 who also need logsplitting?

I went halves on a Titan Pro on ebay. Cost us 75 each and so far has split about 30 cubic metres of sawn rounds (up to 30" diameter) in 3 years.

Every time we use it we praise it as the "best bit of kit we ever bought".
    I haven't mate as that would be a great idea to do that.

I bought an electric 6 ton split from Axminster tools and it has been great bit of kit

Regular Poster
    I've been watching this thread for any ideas. Never really needed a splitter before and usually take great delight in my maul, a good sweat and a mountain of logs. However I trailored up some big wych elm the other day that'd been laid down in one of the grazing fields for perhaps a year. My old farmer pal chuckled at me when he saw me with it in the morning. By the afternoon I was talking to him of log splitters. Never seen anything like it! It's like trying to split a massive eraser or playdoh. He was laughing hard at me, went to the back of his car and picked out 4 old wedges. Must admit they're a pleasure to use and do work but I've still got more than half the rounds to go!

I have got a grenade and it works ok aswell but a splitter is defo the way to go lol

Quote Originally Posted by AllanG051 View Post
    I have got a grenade and it works ok aswell but a splitter is defo the way to go lol
    I have a small 4 ton splitter but for the bigger rounds I use a grenade.the grenade works really well as long as the round you are trying to split is on solid ground.I use an old tree stump thats about 3 feet round.Use a 7 pound hammer to.Best to have 2 grenades in case you get 1 stuck . Its good excersie .