Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanted - someone who can homeload .243 in Surrey

Wanted - someone who can homeload .243 in Surrey

Hi everyone

i am looking for someone who would be willing to homeload small amounts of .243 ammunition for me, in surrey.

If you can help me please let me know as it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Foxinator

Do you really trust someone else to load ammunition for your rifle? I wouldn't not even a friend.

Best post an intro in first to let's people know about you and will be more willing to help. Plus it's site rules

Quote Originally Posted by davidm View Post
    Do you really trust someone else to load ammunition for your rifle? I wouldn't not even a friend.

Best post an intro in first to let's people know about you and will be more willing to help. Plus it's site rules
    Agreed. Never shoot anyone else's handloads. A Lee Classic Loader and all the related gear fits into a shoe box. Perfect for the small quantity reloader. Inexpensive, too.~Muir

I take the positive here as in the Op' seeking help from an experienced reloader who, we would hope, will ensure the working up of a suitable load. Better this than refusing to accept one is not up to reloading. The result being a post on here asking why there's an extractor dent in the head stamp and the bolt is a struggle to lift!

K
    Ps: Interesting introductory post though!
    Last edited by Klenchblaize; 09-07-2014 at 05:17.

Quote Originally Posted by davidm View Post
    On the other hand, a request like that could end up with a lifelong friendship between two people. As for not trusting anyon else's handloads, how many of you have bought a 2nd hand car without first having the brake system examined by a suitably qualified person? My point there is simply this: you use your head and make an assessment of the person concerned. If he appears to be a diligent, conscientious individual then you might well have confidence in his product. Much more so that relying on random unverified advice on loads etc from forums. If he appears to be a reckless idiot, well you walk away.

I handload for from time to time for three others (one brother, one nephew, on friend). I've also introduced four others to handloading, including impressing on them the need for meticulous record keeping.

My initial reaction to the OP wasn't one of whether you should trust someone else to load his ammo, but the time involved. But then he's only talking about small quantities and if he were closer, I'd be prepared to help out.

-JMS

I would be happy to teach you if that helps
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not using it in a fruit salad.

Amateurs practice until they get it right. Professionals practice until they never get it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JMS906 View Post
    On the other hand, a request like that could end up with a lifelong friendship between two people. As for not trusting anyon else's handloads, how many of you have bought a 2nd hand car without first having the brake system examined by a suitably qualified person? My point there is simply this: you use your head and make an assessment of the person concerned. If he appears to be a diligent, conscientious individual then you might well have confidence in his product. Much more so that relying on random unverified advice on loads etc from forums. If he appears to be a reckless idiot, well you walk away.

I handload for from time to time for three others (one brother, one nephew, on friend). I've also introduced four others to handloading, including impressing on them the need for meticulous record keeping.

My initial reaction to the OP wasn't one of whether you should trust someone else to load his ammo, but the time involved. But then he's only talking about small quantities and if he were closer, I'd be prepared to help out.

-JMS
    Well put Sir. Regards pete

yes fully agree,if you dont trust your own home loads to be given to someone else its not a good idea to shoot them yourself,id certainly trust my loads to be given and i would quite gladly have given some if the op was closer.evryone jumps on the safety aspect of evrything on here in quite a paranoid way and yes i do understand safety but some of you just go overboard kinda makes us all look a little inept to a casual reader

They also may be legal issues involved here. Hand loading is allowed for oneself but for others they tend to view it as manufacturing..................................... ... which is strictly controlled.

also handloads that are safe and happy in one rifle may not be in another depending on overall length and powder charge and...
    so yep get advice and guidance...