fuel costs

finnbear270

I reckon those of us who travel to stalk, are well aware that the fuel costs are a big chunk of the expenditure, I just had an e mail from a mate, It gives details of the stealth tax placed on fuel when vat was reduced to 15%, to compensate brown for his loss, this tax is STILL in place now that vat has returned to 17.5%!, a petition is up & running to have this stealth tax removed, you can sign it on-line same as the other like petitions that have been posted on here......number ten petitions online. :eek:

Very expensive isn't it ! :evil:

My Hilux costs £80 to fill up and does 360 miles running on mud terrains.

Sometimes use 2-3 tanks a week when very busy!

The numbers vary slightly depending on who you listen to but it seems the motorist pays in excess of £36 billion per year, with some estimates well over £40 billion, in tax that is not used for roads, transport and similar. I guess most of it goes on bonus payments to bankers for keeping the economy in such good shape.

John Major signed up to some international agreement when he was PM committing the UK to removing access to private transport for the ordinary citizen. Now, if they did that tomorrow morning there would be a riot, and economic collapse, so they are phasing it in over time. The bus will be dead handy for taking you stalking! That is the problem with letting an urban-centric government sign a treaty written by a bunch of raving green nutters who only experience life outside the city on their two week holiday each year when they drive through it pointing at things they want banned, from the comfort of their car of course as their need is much greater than ours.

The big fear, of course, is that if there is a hung parliament then the green nutters might gain some power and that would be a complete disaster for this country and the end of rural life as we know it.

I agree, judging by virtually every interview/straw poll I've seen on the box recently the 'man in the street' seems determined to either not vote or give it to a minority party or independent candidate rather than see a return of any of the current shysters.

The whole thing is yet again the bustards have lied to us yet again :evil: just another example of the great British Rip off!

I have a small parcel of stalkign perrmision but it's 200 miles away from where I now live and I simply cannot get down to it. Due to the horrors of the M25 it's takes between 3 1/2- 5 hours to get down there all depending on how free flowing the M11 and M25 are even on a straight run down that means approx £115 for fuel unless I borrow mothers little Rover which would reduce the cost but not allow access to the wood.

I really don't take umbrage at taxes, I do take very great umbrage at the way they slip stuff in when you are not looking, & I also get very p****d off when so much of the money gets squandered away on foreigners in far away lands who can't be ar**d to keep it in their trousers, instead of shrugging their shoulders & whinging the crops have failed again, All this time our own elderly & down & outs are left to fend for themselves! :rolleyes:

Iwrch said:
Fighting wars doesn't come cheap! Bear in mind that the UK didn't make its final Lease Lend payment to the US until 2006 finally ending a 61 year tax burden on the common man; but by then we were in Afghanistan and Iraq so the need to fund the military continued.

...the budgetary cost to the UK of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan through 2010 will total more than £18 billion. If we include the social costs, the total impact on the UK will exceed £20 billion.

Let's face it, if you don't like taxes you don't like government, whatever the hue, and that's about as useful an attitude towards society as that of a pikey.

Absolute Rubbish mate..

While the fat cat bwankers are paying themselves multi million pound bonuses and the bloody MPs are screwing the lot of us :evil: :evil:

Which leaves us the working class penalised by ridiculous stealth taxes..

I hate paying taxes which are used to house all these bloody muslim extremists and i cant stand this bloody government...

I aint a pikey either mate ;) :lol:

This vermin we currently call poliicians are traitors and should be all put up against a wall they have no place running our country :evil:
In the imortal words of Wolfy Smith ..last fag bang bang job done :lol:

legaleagle69 said:
This vermin we currently call poliicians are traitors and should be all put up against a wall they have no place running our country :evil:
In the imortal words of Wolfy Smith ..last fag bang bang job done :lol:

Ahhh we disagree as I have always thought that Blair and Brown position really should be on the back of a five pound depicting their last few monets as they swung on the gallows at Tyburn for treason :evil:

finnbear270 said:
I reckon those of us who travel to stalk, are well aware that the fuel costs are a big chunk of the expenditure

Painfully aware. :(

So much for sustainable food source, with my outings:connect ratio and the Pajero's awful fuel economy I reckon my deer have a pretty hefty carbon footprint! :lol:

I have a job, no mortgage, no dependant children a pension from England
my own stalking ground. Just me and the dogs to feed. Petrol the least of my worries :D .

www.prokennel.se

Sorry. Hope the sores don't smart to much ;) Its no fun here for those waiting for the upturn in the Economy. But did hear on the radio that the building side of things is much improved and we are busy at work makeing concrete things. Much better than this time last year. So perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel.

www.prokennel.se

Back