Thread: Thoughts on Scottish Game Fair at Scone

Thoughts on Scottish Game Fair at Scone

Hi All,

Just a quick questions about what everyone thought about the Scone Gamefair last weekend?

To me it appeared to be down on numbers even though the sun was shinning. I did see some good bits of kit but could not help but wonder could i get most of the stuff there cheaper online. Also seems to be aiming more for the womens handbags rather than game or gun bags.

Anyway still had a good day out and will no doubt be back.

Thoughts anyone?

Cheers
    Derry.

Scone

Hope this helps few thoughts on that thread

Yes I was there on Sunday, I also thought numbers were down, but was told Saturday had a record turnout, as for bargains yes you can by cheaper online but when you consider the cost of a pitch its little wonder.

None shooting items yes agreed , but when you look at how many family's attend then its a case of something for everyone, a family day out.

In comparison Kelso is great purely stalking nothing else great day out for me, where as Scone can take the wife ,kids, grandchildren there is something for everyone more of a family day,its horses for courses I suppose completely different but I enjoy both.

Had an enjoyable sunday there, met up with a few mates. I don't think I would go if I did not get a couple of free tickets through work, I think its getting a bit expensive with 4 car parking if not a member, bet its a fiver next year.

I've given up going. I can meet my mates elsewhere for a lot less money than the ticket price. I also get fed up with stands trying to sell me a loft ladder or conservatory. I can buy smokies from Spinks shop a lot cheaper than game fair prices if the mood takes me for one, and as someone else mentioned the same gear on most stands can be had for a lot less online. It's the same faces win the scurry and trial every year, and the clay competition entry fees are an absolute joke too.

It's stopped being an interesting and enjoyable day out for me. I always get the impression that the stand-holders are just monitoring their stock levels for the next one, and the food hall is outrageously expensive too, despite the produce being pretty good. Even the main ring events are stale these days
    A Man should be wise, but never too wise. He who does not know his fate in advance is free of care

First time there in a few years and nothing has changed. Met up with a few folk walking around and enjoyed the day though. Next year........probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsmoke View Post
    I've given up going. I can meet my mates elsewhere for a lot less money than the ticket price. I also get fed up with stands trying to sell me a loft ladder or conservatory. I can buy smokies from Spinks shop a lot cheaper than game fair prices if the mood takes me for one, and as someone else mentioned the same gear on most stands can be had for a lot less online. It's the same faces win the scurry and trial every year, and the clay competition entry fees are an absolute joke too.

It's stopped being an interesting and enjoyable day out for me. I always get the impression that the stand-holders are just monitoring their stock levels for the next one, and the food hall is outrageously expensive too, despite the produce being pretty good. Even the main ring events are stale these days

Totaly agree its nothing more than a money making weekend for the organisers the charges for stalls are so high that there is no chance of prices being competative and the entry fees and parking charges are a joke