Another trip to the City, another moment of self control.

Muir

I went to my favorite shop in the City last night to buy some powder and browsed the rack of Tikka rifles again. They had a T3 Lite Stainless in 300 WM for a ridiculous $425 and a same in 7-08 for $500. If I wasn't looking at a clutch new assembly and transfer case seals in my Toy Hilux I'd have bought the 300 WM just on principle. I'm certain it's a recoiling beast -which is probably why no one has bought it- but what a great high country Elk rifle that would make. I refrained from even handling it. Instead I found some 22 cal, 40 grain VMax on sale and some IMR 4064, and I ran out of the store.

I don't know where this self control is coming from.~Muir

Gosh, those are a deal.
My T3 Lite SS in .30-06 seems to have less recoil than some of my heavier .308s. I don't notice it.

As for a high country elk rifle... YES. I am having to sell my T3 to someone who has borrowed it for that purpose and found he cannot return it. He, his wife, and son have taken four elk with it off his ranch. He doesn't have to worry about scabbard wear or snow all over it, and can carry it all day, up and down. His first elk was from sitting on a ridge, as it was entering the woods 300 yards below, with a 180-gr Hornady

I think the money from this sale will have to go into a T3 7mm-08.

Gosh, those are a deal.
My T3 Lite SS in .30-06 seems to have less recoil than some of my heavier .308s. I don't notice it.

As for a high country elk rifle... YES. I am having to sell my T3 to someone who has borrowed it for that purpose and found he cannot return it. He, his wife, and son have taken four elk with it off his ranch. He doesn't have to worry about scabbard wear or snow all over it, and can carry it all day, up and down. His first elk was from sitting on a ridge, as it was entering the woods 300 yards below, with a 180-gr Hornady

I think the money from this sale will have to go into a T3 7mm-08.

You won't regret the 7-08 Tikka. I know we've talked of it before but it is one of the few rifles in my larder that I am absolutely wild about. Unwavering accuracy, hot or cold. That 300WM has been tripping at my synapses all day long. I have to go to the City again tomorrow night and, Lord Help Me! I have a that store's credit card that allows 'six months, same as cash on firearms purchases.... and, they mail you a $25 gift card after you make your first payment. That puts the price of the Tikka at $404.
(Groan!)
~Muir

PS: As to adoption prospects. My kids friends used to ask all the time. St. Nick would leave Smith and Wesson revolvers, Anschultz .22 Mag rifles with Burris glass, Marlin 45-70's, Ruger .44 magnums and such like.... There was quite a list at one point.

But I don't NEED a T3 7mm-08. My SHR 970 synthetic .280 is only a pound heavier. I have Winchester Compact M70 7mm-08 which weighs under 7 lbs with its Burris compact scope. I just have wanted that T3 so long... Goodbye .30-06.

But I don't NEED a T3 7mm-08. My SHR 970 synthetic .280 is only a pound heavier. I have Winchester Compact M70 7mm-08 which weighs under 7 lbs with its Burris compact scope. I just have wanted that T3 so long... Goodbye .30-06.

The lack of rationale isn't wasted on me. I have five 308's so I fully understand. Sometimes you need to follow your gut, right? I hope you like it as much as I like mine.~Muir

Need ? I usually ignore need and go with want . I really only need a 12 gauge shotgun , a 30-06 and a good 22lr , but then I'd have a lot of empty safes . Then I'd NEED something to fill them with ...... maybe need does work . All I need is another safe , or is it want ?

AB

Need ? I usually ignore need and go with want . I really only need a 12 gauge shotgun , a 30-06 and a good 22lr , but then I'd have a lot of empty safes . Then I'd NEED something to fill them with ...... maybe need does work . All I need is another safe , or is it want ?

AB

Want. Yup! I lost count of the number of 22's I have but it didn't stop me from buying a Rossi pump.22 a couple of weeks back.~Muir

You won't regret the 7-08 Tikka. I know we've talked of it before but it is one of the few rifles in my larder that I am absolutely wild about. Unwavering accuracy, hot or cold. That 300WM has been tripping at my synapses all day long. I have to go to the City again tomorrow night and, Lord Help Me! I have a that store's credit card that allows 'six months, same as cash on firearms purchases.... and, they mail you a $25 gift card after you make your first payment. That puts the price of the Tikka at $404.
(Groan!)
~Muir

A Brand new Tikka T3 in 300 WM bought on a Store Card for $2.22 per Day for Six Months? I bet you spend that on a Cup of Coffee on your way into your Work. Skip the Coffee and buy the Tikka Muir :D. What is there to Agonise over?

Yorkie.

(Groan!)
~Muir

A Brand new Tikka T3 in 300 WM bought on a Store Card for $2.22 per Day for Six Months? I bet you spend that on a Cup of Coffee on your way into your Work. Skip the Coffee and buy the Tikka Muir :D. What is there to Agonise over?

Yorkie.

Gad. I love your logic.
I'll see what happens when I go to town tonight.~Muir

Pah! Never made it to the store.
Which is both good and bad. I walked into WalMart as they were putting out Sierra 53 grain Match .224's for $17/100 and IMR 4350 for $22.95/lb. I loitered too long to see if some Varget would materialize. It didn't. By then the other store was closed. ~Muir

I went into my gunroom last night and what was parked right inside the door?? The Tikka T-3 stainless 308 bought last month, as of yet unfired and still in the box next to the scope I bought for it...

That cooled my jets as far as going to town today and buying the 300 WM.
No. I totally don't want that 300 Win Mag now.:fib: ~Muir

I went into my gunroom last night and what was parked right inside the door?? The Tikka T-3 stainless 308 bought last month, as of yet unfired and still in the box next to the scope I bought for it...

That cooled my jets as far as going to town today and buying the 300 WM.
No. I totally don't want that 300 Win Mag now.:fib: ~Muir

You should buy that tikka, pull the bolt and send over here, a guy has just spent £500 to replace one he lost, and another guy has bent his barrel.

Andy, If you really need to quantify your struggles re need / wants, why not have a month or two's holiday over here, .... I hear Wally mart bought into one of our chains over here.:rolleyes:

No thanks. Been there, done that! Even with the comfort of knowing there is a WalMart affiliate somewhere near by....
Nope.
The only thing I loved about shopping in Scotland was seeing Parker Hale Moderators for .22 and .177 selling over the counter. Otherwise, if I had to live by your laws I'd go mad.:eek:~Muir

You should buy that tikka, pull the bolt and send over here, a guy has just spent £500 to replace one he lost, and another guy has bent his barrel.

S'why you should never remove the bolt from a rifle unless you're cleaning it and plan on putting it straight back into the rifle. Bending the barrel. Hmmm... Here that usually means you forgot it was behind the seat when you lent your pick-up truck to a cowboy named "Stretch".;) ~Muir

S'why you should never remove the bolt from a rifle unless you're cleaning it and plan on putting it straight back into the rifle. Bending the barrel. Hmmm... Here that usually means you forgot it was behind the seat when you lent your pick-up truck to a cowboy named "Stretch".;) ~Muir

Nobody here removed the bolt untill that prison movie where the guard took his rifle bolt from its holster before shooting a vulture

Want. Yup! I lost count of the number of 22's I have but it didn't stop me from buying a Rossi pump.22 a couple of weeks back.~Muir

YES OK '' fair Do.s Muir '' We Know they only cost a ''penny '' Each ( well what would ANYONE pay for scrap metal) in the great USA , Just a pity you Don't make Any real rifles over there , well REAL Quality rifles like One,s, WE have been making on this side of the pond from year DOT :lol:

Back