Poll - Please help me choose my first stalking rifle

Grimrecruiter

Hi

Please vote in my attached poll. I will publish the results for all to see.

The criteria is as follows:

1. You are about to buy your first stalking rifle. In addition the rifle will be used for informal target practise
  2. The calibre is .308
  3. You have no alternatives based on budget and availability - you can only pick one from the list

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/67DKHYL

Thank you in advance - the more that vote the better.

also done it, sadly i dislike/gone off 308 though :(

bob.

Last edited:
Done

Find a 75 through!
DSCN7101.jpg

K

Done - another Sako. I have no doubts about the quality of the other rifles, but in my mind both Mauser and Sauer are designed for hunting specifically in their setups. The Sako will suit better as a utility tool, with a better ability to customise should the need arise. It will also probably resell more easily should it be required.

I went with the sako only because I googled your choices and it was the only one that showed any character...... If you don't feel you have an image to keep up and don't have to have that big can hanging on the end of the barrel, see if you can handle a Browning BLR... handles like a BB gun and will fit in your shirt pocket.... Like was said before... The only opinion that counts is yours..... I appreciate your caliber choice... Have fun...

vote cast! I voted for the sauer 202 as I have one in 308 and for me the handling is suberb . The accuracy is very good. But I echo the other members handle all your potential choices and go with the one you prefer.

Guys - I will make up my mind and yes the heart will probably rule the head. My choices (Rifles on Poll) are ones that I am myself interested in and have shortlisted. Your views however are interesting and will make me think (a little). You guys have more experience than I do and have no doubt learned from your mistakes!!!! :tiphat:

Sako 85, excellent out of the box accuracy for a factory rifle. Most will shot well with Sako ammo. I recently bought 3 in the laminated grey .243 for guys who were getting into stalking. Everyone of them shot sub MOA groups whilst I was zeroing them. With ATEC mods nice and light. Outside of Custom Rifles would be my factory choice every time.

Back